Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha RX-A1010, RX-A2010 and RX-A3010 **Owners Thread**

Discussion in 'Integrated Amplifiers & Receivers' started by ranakirti, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trxtas

Trxtas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My new 3010 arrives early next week with some cm9s can't wait to get it all set up although this is my first system so it could take a little while
  2. Charleybull33

Charleybull33 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My new 2010 is set to arrive Thursday. This will be the second to arrive and I am very hopeful that it's not a brick like the first one was. It will be (or should be) a very nice upgrade from my Denon 3803. I had the choice of repair the original or ship a second, not much of a choice - send me another brand new one.
  3. Trxtas

Trxtas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What was wrong with the first one mate
  4. Charleybull33

Charleybull33 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The first one was literally a $1500 brick. Fresh, shiny, and new out of the box - simply would not power on.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Trxtas

Trxtas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I hope mine isn't like that
  6. Charleybull33

Charleybull33 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My 2010 arrived today and it's all hooked up, firing on all cylinders. Great sound quality, great connectivity, and the iPhone app is nice to have. Saturday, I'll bury myself in the manual a bit further.
  7. Zircon

Zircon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got a A1010 and all is fine except for the fact that the Digital Optical Output doesn't light up when I switch to DNLA/Radio. It works for AV1/2/3

The Analog Output RCAs always work.
  8. lisag

lisag Active Member

Ratings:
    +250
    I picked up a nice shiny new RX-A810 today :thumbsup:

Will not get a chance to set it up until Friday, but still, it is very exciting :)

lisa
  9. oldhifi

oldhifi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got the RX3010 for Christmas, so far I really like it. I had Emotiva equipment before. I like the streaming of music I bought on I tunes. Sounds is pretty good too..
  10. Xorro

Xorro Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I've not networked my A2 yet. Is it easy to set up for streaming?
  11. oldhifi

oldhifi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes there is on screen menu, mine did it automatically
  12. lisag

lisag Active Member

Ratings:
    +250
    Same here, just connected up and plugged in my A810 and the first thing it does is install a firmware update, via the network connection, which takes about 15 minutes.
  13. Charleybull33

Charleybull33 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've had my 2010 for a week now and am a very happy camper! The soundstage is fantastic for all media that I've run through it; HDTV, Bluray, SACD, DVD, DVD Audio, Xbox, radio, streaming audio.
  14. lisag

lisag Active Member

Ratings:
    +250
    I've had my A810 set up now for about 24 hours, and so far so good :)

In terms of improving sound quality over my Sony 3500ES which it is replacing, I would say it is about a 35% improvement in sound. It does produce a much more cohesive sound field, which is what I was hoping for. Previously the sound stage felt mainly front, with effects coming occassionally from the rears. With this amp the sound field fills the room and feels very immersive.

Still early days, but I can really notice a difference when applying pro logic (Neo 6 Cinema) to stereo TV broadcasts, the background music and effects are much more noticeable and encompass the whole room, still taking me by surprise!

Also, I love the smartphone apps and the ability to control the amp by a web browser. This didn't require any configuring, I just connected the amp to the network switch and everything works. The amp shows up in 'My network' can right click it and go straight into operating it via the web browser.

Happy Christmas :thumbsup:
  15. ranakirti

ranakirti Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I have a couple of questions, will the HQV Vida chip in the A3010 make HD channels from Cable TV Setup Box look any better ? And does the A2010 have the same video chip as the A3010?

Thanks,

Rana
  16. oldhifi

oldhifi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Makes my Direct TV non-HD channels look better.
  17. ranakirti

ranakirti Member

Ratings:
    +3
    m sure they the HQV Vida improves non-HD channels...

But can they also make any impact on and improve...

1. Bluray Discs... i mean isn't a Bluray disc already at the highest quality possible by default ?

Does a Bluray Disc also have Block & Mosquito Noise, Jaggies and Artifacts ? Is there potential to improve the picture quality of a Bluray Disc by using the de-interlacing, noise reduction, resolution enhancement and scaling features of the HQV Video processor in the A3010 ? Or do Blurays Disc inherently have the most supreme and perfect picture quality ?

2. HD channels delivered via Cable/Satellite. I believe the HD feeds from the cable box are @ 1080i or 720p.

Do HD Channels from cable also have Block & Mosquito Noise, Jaggies and Artifacts ?

Do the video processors like HQV Vida, Marvel Qdeo provided in these modern High End AVRs like your A3010 improve the above in anyway ?

Regards,

Rana.
  18. oldhifi

oldhifi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will others chime in..over my head....
  19. jaywrth

jaywrth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there I am going to buy the yamaha rx-A3010 I have a question around the CEC compatability, does anyone have this amp paired with the Samsung PS64D8000 and if so, does it work with the amp regarding the CEC side of things?
  20. jungleboss

jungleboss Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Both the A2010 and A3010 have the HQV Vida VHD1900 video processor (same as Onkyo 809). But you can adjust more video parameters on the A3010 (don't have more details on that).
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  21. stevenealy

stevenealy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got the receiver and all hooked up. I can't tell if im getting anything except dolby digital with my blue ray player. I have it set to straight and hit info on the remote and it only says dolby digital. Cant get it to display DTS or dolby tru or anything other that dd. I have my player set up correctly. I am coming from a 4 or 5 year old Denon. The Yamaha sounds great and I am very pleased just don't know if i'm missing anything.

Thanks, Steve
  22. jaywrth

jaywrth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    According to the website the reciever handles :

CINEMA DSP
    Dolby TrueHD
    Dolby Digital Plus
    Dolby Pro Logic IIx
    DTS-HD Master Audio

I dont see DTS here, other than DTS-HD, same goes for Dolby. If you are sending HD though it should appear.
  23. suntiger1965

suntiger1965 Guest

Ratings:
    +0

is it 9 channel instead of 7??

is the 2010 or 3010 that much better than the 3067?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011
  24. lisag

lisag Active Member

Ratings:
    +250
    I have the A810 receiving DTS, DTS HD MA and Dolby True HD okay from both my blu ray player and HTPC. I imagine it must be a setting on your blu ray player that you need to change.

Did you get HD audio and DTS with your Denon amp?
  25. Charleybull33

Charleybull33 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Sound and vision mag.com has a very positive review of the 2010 posted yesterday. It's nice to see a glowing review after already shelling out for the unit. My wife, with a tin ear, actually has noticed a difference in the sound quality.
  26. lisag

lisag Active Member

Ratings:
    +250
    I am still absolutely delighted with my A810, which can be bought for a little over £600.

Previously I have had a CA540R and a Sony 3500ES and the Yamaha sounds massively better. I have pretty much got it set up properly now, and have been playing a lot of COD MW3 with 'Action Game' DSP setting.

The whole experience is incredibly immersive.

Very happy here :thumbsup:

lisa
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  27. mightymouse2045

mightymouse2045 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I came across this service manual for the A3010 and thought it would be a bit easier as a torrent:

Service manual for Yamaha RX-A3010/RX-V3071 receivers - Demonoid

Let me know if the link doesn't work

By the way, anyone's thoughts on the following:

Pioneer SC-LX85 $3000 AUD
    Yamaha RX-A3010 $N/A but approx $2000 AUD
    Yamaha DSP-Z7 $1800 AUD
    Yamaha RX-V3067 $1500 AUD

Clear winner, best bang for buck etc?

Cheers,
    Peter
  28. Intepedente

Intepedente Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i replaced my Pioneer ax3 with a Yamaha 2010.The display of my Pioneer always showed the audioformat, dolby,dts...with the yamaha you can only see Straight on the display, when you press then the on screen button and then info, you can see witch audioformat is getting played, dts-master, Tru-Dolby etc... I don't think the display can show witch audio track is on.
  29. dante01

dante01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,642
    Try repeatedly pressing the INFO button on the remote until the display says "Audio Decoder". Leave it on this setting and the display will show both the incoming audio format as well as tany additional decoding being applied.
  30. lisag

lisag Active Member

Ratings:
    +250
    There is also the 'display' button that briefly shows a banner on the top and bottom of the tv screen showing exactly what is going on.

I don't know if this is on the old Yamaha Amps, or new to the Aventage range?

lisa
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.