Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha 671 owners club !!!!

Discussion in 'Integrated Amplifiers & Receivers' started by hype_male, Dec 28, 2011.

1. hype_male

hype_male Member

Ratings:
    +3
    ok thanks for that.
  2. hype_male

hype_male Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Snapon as you said your 671 is sound better as the day goes by, do you mind writing up all your setting and share it with me so I can compare it to how i have my set up so far. If yours sounds better than what i have at the moment I may use all your setting instead with your permission of course but first i need you do send me all your setting from start to finish.
  3. snapon

snapon Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I have reset my amp back to 8 for speakers !

Cant see a point writing my amps settings as im using different speakers/sub/cables/distances and room size so you wouldnt get any advantage imho . just set the mic where you sit at ear level and let the amp do its magic . i used it on mine and it gives different distances and levels as it should unless your smack bang in the middle of all speakers. i ended up doing it manually and setting distance and levels all the same !
  4. andyshez

andyshez Active Member

Ratings:
    +343
    Will I be able to put my old Samsung satellite speakers in the kitchen as zone 2?

They are rated at 4 ohm according to the specs, I had heard that 6 is the minimum?
  5. snapon

snapon Member

Ratings:
    +6
    ive got 2 panasonics in my kitchen as zone 2 and there only 4ohm but work fine ! it says on instructions you can use 4ohm for front speakers but set amp to 6ohm , not sure for zone 2 though but mine are goo :)
  6. dante01

dante01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,557
    I'd be cautious of using 4 ohm speakers, especially if you are running both the main speakers and the Zone 2 simultaneously. Try to keep the volume to a minimum and ensure your amp is well ventilated. The amp does have inbuilt protection circuitry though, so the worsted that can happen is that the amp will cut out well in advance of any permanent harm being done, but I'd suggest replacing the 4 ohm speakers sometime in the future. ;)
  7. kingdread

kingdread Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thinking about getting one of these to replace my current two channel system. Just wondering if anyone is using the direct ipod connection on the front panel, if someone is can they tell me if the ipods controls are locked out and you have to use the on screen interface for song selection etc. If this is the case is the interface acceptable to use as i have an almost full 160gb ipod and would find it quite painful selecting tracks on a poorly designed interface. I currently have an Onkyo ND S1 dock which is excellent but would rather sell this and put the money towards the Yamaha if possible.

Thanks
    Jon
  8. jabberwocky-

jabberwocky- Member

Ratings:
    +4
    How are you guys finding the 671 with music (mp3's/FLAC) from the front USB? any good?

Also do you need your TV on to play music from the USB port?
  9. brayg01

brayg01 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Jon,

Yes it does lock out the iPod and you are forced to use the on screen interface which isn't brilliant to be honest to I make do.

I actually use the IOS app provided by Yamaha to play my music over WiFi. The App is designed to be a remote control for the Yam but it will also let you play music from the iPod. The App is also very good when searching for Internet Radio stations.

Also even though music was not a major factor when purchasing the Yam I have to admit, it plays music beautifully (through Wharfdale DX1's).

Good luck on whatever you decide to purchase!

Cheers!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  10. brayg01

brayg01 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi jabber,

I've not tried FLAC but mp3 and wma files sounds fantastic. You don't need the TV on when playing music but you will need it on when selecting the album/play lists.

Cheers!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. totolino

totolino Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

I have the 471 model and I can't set up my SCENE buttons correctly even though I've read the manual many times. To be specific, I want to set up the TV SCENE button to HDMI2 input and the CD SCENE to HDMI3. I can't change the default setting for these two buttons.
    Can you help me...?!?

By the way, I am quite disappointed by the manual...:(
  12. beans on toast

beans on toast Member

Ratings:
    +1
    hi guys,I have just bought the 671 and a pair of epos m12i speakers with epos m8i center.could you please help, are front presence speakers any good also any suggestions on a speaker for this small satellite speakers would suit my room best
  13. pwillat67

pwillat67 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    hi guys, could someone help me, ive got a yammy 671 and have hooked it up to my sky hd box via optical, and the its way out of sync, someone says something and a second later the lips move, its doing my head in, anybody out there got a solution??
  14. paulr2006

paulr2006 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,593
    You can adjust the sync (Delay) on both the Amp. & the Sky box, however I would try the Sky Box first (Under Settings - Sound) you will need to try several different settings until you get it right & don't forget to press the Green button to Save the settings before you come out of it. :)
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  15. pwillat67

pwillat67 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    worked a treat, cheers paul :)
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. paulr2006

paulr2006 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,593
    Glad your sorted :)
  17. brmgoons

brmgoons Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi can anyone advise why I cant get my CD player working with the amp, TV set up ok and blue ray but not CD player, using optical lead into av4, thanks
  18. kimare

kimare Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a set full surround set 5.1 for my 671. Do you recon there is limit for the recommended sensivity ratings on the speakers if I want the full potensial of the speakers. I'm mainly looking at small style speakers and they tend to hard to drive.

B&W M-1 85dB (2.83V, 1m)
    Dali Fazon 86dB (2.83V, 1m)
    Q Acoustics Q7000 85db (2.83V, 1m)

Is the 671 powerfull enough to drive these satisfactionary?
  19. brmgoons

brmgoons Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Mine r with kef 2005.3 speakers sound superb! !
  20. Lassy

Lassy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    AV4 is usually dedicated for HDMI ARC (TV). Maybe you should check the input settings?
  21. brmgoons

brmgoons Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, I used the other ports, anolog out from the receiver to the anologue in from the cd player and was working ok, however, I have purchased a digital coaxial to digital optical converter to see if i can use within the scene buttons but this does not work, any ideas on this ? Thanks all
  22. ABLE

ABLE Member

Ratings:
    +2
    select menu, then input, set up your cd player then press and hold cd scene button till it says set up complete...then set up blu ray, tv and internet radio/or fm, in the same way.
  23. brmgoons

brmgoons Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Done that and now sorted, got all my scenes set up!!, thanks
  24. Lassy

Lassy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since I own my RX-V671 I frequently have problemens with Net Radio.
    After I power it up it says "Not Connected". Only after toggle the DHCP off/on I can get it back to work. Other network functionalities are working fine though (PC).
    What could I do to make the connection stable?
  25. brayg01

brayg01 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Lassy,

Have you setup the network to be on when in standby mode? Go to On Screen>Setup>Network and it's the second option, Network Standby. This should keep the IP address active when the Yam is turned off.

If this fails to work it might just be as easy to give it a static IP address. I've found this useful as you'll always know the IP in case you are using a mobile app to control or when accessing the settings via website.

Cheers & good luck.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  26. brmgoons

brmgoons Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Can someone advise me to get sound from my Xbox, connected via HDMI and optical lead but still no sound, on my 671 thanks
  27. Berties

Berties New Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Change from HDMI audio to optical.

Why are you using HDMI + optical if the device has audio over HDMI? Saves a optical cable/input.

Just trying out web playback. pretty cool, if you have a phone/tablet with wi-fi can control music playback like a mp3 player
  28. pharris007

pharris007 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    hi everyone.

Just got a 671, and i remember when i got my 465 that the output of my playsatation 3 (early fat one) had to be pcm as the 465 did not have a dolby digital decoder and thus the playstation had to do the conversion before it sent it to the amp.

Can i ask what the best output the playstation should be? should i put it back to Bitstream??

Thank you all
  29. beans on toast

beans on toast Member

Ratings:
    +1
    leave the playstation on linear and make sure the setting is turned on in the ps3s
    audio settings the HDMI cable will carry the audio
    hope this helps:thumbsup:
  30. pharris007

pharris007 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Brilliant thanks!!