Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 360 wireless adapter stopped working

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Forum' started by SNOW.MAN, Aug 4, 2007.

1. SNOW.MAN

SNOW.MAN Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    k, i had a official xbox 360 wireless adapter witch worked fine for a long time but it all of a sudden stopped picking up any signals.

I have a D-link 802.11g/2.4GHz DL-524.

i don't know what any of the means or if it help but it was working great till a couple weeks ago when it just stopped picking up signals all together I've read it might have to do with the MAC code or something called SSID but i do not know how to change that or what they mean or if it evens will help. There are no technology savy people in my family nor are any of my friends.

I also know its not the adpater because i baught a new one today and its doing the same thing so not only do i not get to play onlin but i just wasted 130$

I have sent a e-mail to microsoft and am waiting for a reply and tomorrow im planning on call tech support but i heard that could be a ghastly experience.

anyhelp at all would be nice i will keep cheking this so if you need any further information please just ask.

Thx alot snowmaN
  2. SNOW.MAN

SNOW.MAN Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    by the way I have been disconected for a while now and my friend disconected for a while also and when he reconected he said he lost all his gamerpoints since being online does it i have 2 Xboxlive accounts and i have got plenty of points since being offline so will I have to redo all of them?
  3. CDR

CDR Active Member

Ratings:
    +319
    One of our 360's had a wireless adapater that stopped working when we plugged it into a new console.

We rang Microsoft's helpline, who took some details, asked for the proplem (We said when we plugged it in a red light flashed quickly on the adapter). Hmm, they said, Let me take your gamertag.

And as quick as they said that, they pushed a button and it started working again.

I dont know how, and I can't see how they could fix it by the gamertag as it wasn't hooked up to any internet service so they couldn't contact the console, but hey.. took 5 minutes and fixed what I thought was a dead wireless adapter...

Try them, 0800 587 1102
  4. CDR

CDR Active Member

Ratings:
    +319
    He shouldn't have lost the points I dont think if he used the same gamertag as before..
  5. Moogle

Moogle Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,448
    That number isn't going to do the OP any good as by the looks of his profile and the fact that he mentioned that he paid $130 for a new wireless adapter it looks like he lives in Canada.
  6. SNOW.MAN

SNOW.MAN Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    yes i do live in canada and its fine i have fixed the problem and wasted 130 $ so thank you for your help and i hope to one day play with you
  7. Sandman

Sandman Active Member

Ratings:
    +259
    how did you get it working?