1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Slim Controller Refuses To Connect GAZBEROTTEN

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Forum' started by GAZBEROTTEN, Feb 17, 2012.

1. GAZBEROTTEN

GAZBEROTTEN Member

Ratings:
    +128
    I have a massive problem that is preventing me from using the Xbox 360 slim controller on my Xbox 360 Slim. Because of this i am unable to play wirelessley on my Xbox 360 slim and am forced to use the play and charge kit wire just to keep the controller connected.

At first i thought my batterie was dying or dead so i tried four other batteries which still causes the same problem. I would like to know if Microsoft intend to patch this problem as it is very annoying and is causing disruption to my play and charge kit. Also during games that have vibration i am finding the controller reboots its self right in the middle of games and i have to wait for the pad to reconect again even with no batterie using the wire of the play and charge kit.

I really hope Microsoft patch this as it is causing countless problems and ruining my gaming experience

Gaz
  2. Dinky Dragon

Dinky Dragon Member

Ratings:
    +349
    You really are something Gaz...

I cant find this issue ANYWHERE else that have the same symptoms as you.

Try another controller. Be sure there is no wireless interference (this is very unlikely)

If that doesnt work, you are just 1 of a few, out of millions who have a dud 360.

Get rid of it, Im sure you wont miss it.
  3. Guns_LotsOfGuns

Guns_LotsOfGuns Moderator/Games Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,399
    Why would they patch something that isnt a widespread issue, also just a shot in the dark but have you tried changing the pad?
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Rorifett

Rorifett Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,108
    Gazberotten, the unluckiest xbox owner in history.
  5. Graham27

Graham27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +788
    Come on, fella. Get some perspective :) Being unable to play a console wirelessly isn't a massive problem. It's a minor inconvenience.
    A patch? They can't patch hardware faults. It needs replaced. Take it back for a replacement.

Or is this just you trying to make the most of something Xbox related again?
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  6. Dinky Dragon

Dinky Dragon Member

Ratings:
    +349
    What do you think?

The man is a professional troll and general positive karma killer who should be banned already.

He will do anything to dissuade people from a MS console. Even if that means dressing up a post such as the one above that looks very innocent to any newcomer or poor sod doing a google search on how to sync his/her controller.
  7. GAZBEROTTEN

GAZBEROTTEN Member

Ratings:
    +128
    Tried another controller this still didnt fix the issue. I have an Xbox 360 slim it isnt a dud as you put it the only issue im having is getting the wireless controller to work. And you say you cant find this issue anywhere.
    HELP! My Wireless Controller Won't Connect! (wrong forum) - Xbox 360 & Xbox Forums
    Controller won't connect to 360 [Archive] - Xbox Addict Asylum
    Xbox 360 controller won't connect to console - FixYa
    Its not just me suffering these issues even on the Xbox.com forums people are having problems with the Xbox 360 slim and this issue. I wont get rid of my Xbox 360 because i enjoy playing the games.
    I tired that and still no success. This is a widespread issue if you google 360 controller wont connect you will find plenty of people having this issue. Hence why they need to patch this.
    No not at all. I have an Xbox 36o slim my self and have recently ordered syndicate. I am looking forward to playing this but can't because of my controller wanting to connect one minute and then disconnect the next. I finally got it to work today after constantly removing the battterie in and out. After searching this up seems more people are expiriencing this issue to. If i have a wireless controller and cant play wirelessly then it isnt a minor inconvinence when its disconnecting in the middle of games when the vibration feature is activated now is it or for that matter not connecting each time when it should.
    Im flattered that you consider me a professional troll. And you also flattered me today by saying that i am dressing up my posts. Thankyou for your positive compliment. I am not killing karma as you put it i am merely trying to obtain a solution into getting the problems with my slim fixed. If i was dissauding people into buying an xbox 360 do you think i would actually own one or be buying and playing games for it? No of course not. Its not like i am only one person having these issues with the controllers. The links i provided above show people having new controllers not being able to connect. And banning me for asking how to fix my controller problem isnt really fair now is it.
    And let me make this clear " I urge everyone to buy an Xbox 360 because it does have good games and is worth owning" Good enough???

Anyone dissauding people into getting an Xbox 360 wouldnt not post something like that. And one last thing if you look at the gamertag to the left you can clearly see i support the Xbox 360 with the games i am buying.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  8. Noggleboggleman

Noggleboggleman Active Member

Ratings:
    +296
    All those links you have posted are from 2007/8 and don't mention the rumble or turning off issue.

You've obviously done a quick google search and copied the first links you've found.

Your issue is an isolated incident. Get new hardware, take it back or just put up with it. Better still, contact MS instead of continuing on here, as they're the experts.

Also, I don't think the play and charge kit works like a wired controller. It just charges it; it doesn't actually send information like a wired controller does. I'm happy to be corrected on this though.
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  9. Graham27

Graham27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +788
  10. pixelpixel

pixelpixel Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,777
    Turn the Xbox off and take the battery out. Connect the pad with just the cable. Turn the Xbox on and press the Xbox guide button. Does it work ?

I have just done the same thing on 4 different pads and each one works. I even tried my Gears pad which has not been synced to my new system yet.
  11. walleee

walleee Member

Ratings:
    +220
    No youtube video of this scandal?
  12. Graham27

Graham27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +788
    So, Gaz, have you done anything about it? Is it fixed now?
  13. Graham27

Graham27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +788
    Funny, Gaz seems to be avoiding this thread. I thought he'd be quite keen to sort this 'massive problem' out.

Couldn't just have been a load of cobblers, could it?
  14. RandomLee

RandomLee Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    I assume taking it back to the shop is out of the question? Do you have any friends with 360s so you can try your controllers on their console and vise versa? Anything else running on 2.4GHz? Wireless mouse or keyboard etc? If so try with them turned off. Also, do try MS... be nice and non-alarmist and they will probably give you a new one. Much easier than creating a patch to fix a problem that the very tiniest fraction of Xbox users face. Remember, for every one person moaning on a forum, there are countless others happily gaming with no problems. That's not to rub salt in your papercut (can't really call it a wound), but just to highlight the problem is very far from widespread. For example, I've had four 360s over the years plus a large collection of controllers, and whilst I have had controllers break for different reasons (loose left thumbstick is the usual culprit), I've never had one that can't sync... well, only until I remember to press the sync buttons :)