1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX 1st Gen Green Light On & Off wont Boot

Discussion in 'Original Xbox' started by OmenCheppy, Dec 3, 2011.

1. OmenCheppy

OmenCheppy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys, please help me on this one: i have this xbox for quite sometime now and i haven't used it for like 3 yrs. and so, then i decided to use it again. at first it booted perfectly. i put a new hard drive and tried to set it up as new using Auto Installer Deluxe. it had finished formating my new drive and i was going to install a dash when it suddenly hung. it seated for like 10 mins or so.so i tried to shut it down by pulling the plu coz the power off button won't work. after that it wont boot anymore and all i see is green light turning on and off simultaneously. so i opened up my Xbox and found out that the CPU heat sink was not clipped on. it got loosen somehow so i clipped it back on and tried to put it back on but all i see is that green light again going on and off. i have tried diffrent video cables and power cables but no good.oh btw it's modded and i'm using smartXX LT OPX modchip.

Any advice would be very helpfull.
    thanks in advance :)
    -=Marcus=-
  2. OmenCheppy

OmenCheppy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any ideas? Please?:lease:
  3. OmenCheppy

OmenCheppy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK i think i have an idea what makes the green and light turns on and off. i opened up the DVD ROM of my Xbox and found out that there is a burnt ribbon cable connecting to the motor that holds up the DVD media. I'll try to change the ribbon and see what will happen...???...
  4. OmenCheppy

OmenCheppy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After trying to re solder the DVD drive cable ribbon and putting it back on still the problem persists. (Green light turns on after a second or two turns off again simultaneously). So i rule out the DVD rom drive. Still looking for possible problems.
  5. OmenCheppy

OmenCheppy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, after doing alot of research and reading and everything, i had fixed my Xbox. The problem was the EEPROM. It got corrupted somehow while i'm in the process of installing my dash when it hanged. I changed the EEPROM took it from an old Xbox Mobo and it worked.
    I hope this could help other guys who might encounter this problem.

Peace!!!
    -=Marcus=-