Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-factor 2010

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by denzyl, Jul 6, 2010.

1. woody23

woody23 Active Member

Ratings:
    +596
    spoiler added

sorry :facepalm:
  2. RMCF

RMCF Active Member

Ratings:
    +515
    I wasn't really a viewer of XFactor over the years, but have seen a bit this year due to the OH watching it.

Question for fans of the show.

Do people always cry so much! Sweet Lord they cry at the drop of a hat. Some cry when there's simply nothing to cry about. Has the world gone soft?
  3. jalaldevil

jalaldevil Active Member

Ratings:
    +988
    Think about all the money you could make. ;)

I'd cry to death knowing you'll be able to walk out a millionaire if you win this.
  4. Razor

Razor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9,139

Simple answer is yes, they love to show people crying on this show.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/television/640828-x-factor-cry-factor.html
  5. tom 2000

tom 2000 Active Member

Ratings:
    +141
    I have the memory of a gnat. There was a bird on there who war rejected at boot camp who was brought back in. Who dropped out and why?
  6. MAX1210

MAX1210 Active Member

Ratings:
    +826
    Are there enough weeks left before christmas for 'the twist' as mentioned above - they'll have to have double evisctions won't they?
  7. RMCF

RMCF Active Member

Ratings:
    +515
    The OH watched the last episode on Sky+, and it amazing how much filler they have in that show.

She watched the entire show in about 15-20mins, just fast forwarding through the cinema moments of landscapes, the countless shots of people (both judges and contestants) looking moody and pensive, people rubbing their foreheads, people crying with that O'Leary ****, recaps of 5mins after every single advert break etc.

Is it the most padded out show on TV?

As for the content itself, its a bit of a mystery to me. Did the judges honestly think that some of those contestants were worth putting through at the start? Or do they only do it to make TV as you need a certain number of comedy acts that we can all laugh at?

I mean, seriously, the big gay Scotsman who kept spinning round was camper than Xmas, and wouldn't have been worth a £1 if he was 1,000,000,000 to 1 to win the competition. He reminded me of the big guy out of Modern Family, except more camped up.

And surely that long haired PE teacher was in this for a joke? HAd to be. I have seen drunk people sing better at a karaoke.

But I am starting to guess a lot of this show is fixed anyway just to make good TV. That nervous looking girl, Cher, who couldn't even finish a song, along with the one with silly eyelashes who also made a complete mess of her audition. In any proper, serious contest they would have been booted out cos they are a disaster waiting to happen. And also unfair on those contestants who were confident, sung well and did a great audition. But I guess their faces don't fit, do they?
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  8. David 8

David 8 Active Member

Media:
    Ratings:
    +378
    This show is very cruel. They build up young peoples hopes and tell them that they are amazing, and then they crush them like bugs. It's not right.
  9. stevenisace

stevenisace Active Member

Ratings:
    +343
    How the hell could Cheryl not pick Gamu.

Also why did that Italian prick have to go through
  10. RMCF

RMCF Active Member

Ratings:
    +515

And all for our amusement.

Lets be honest, more people probably watch the show to see those who fail than those who excel.
  11. mrm3

mrm3 Member

Ratings:
    +99
    do not worry..gamu will be there
  12. kBm

kBm Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,166
    Its a TV show nowadays, far removed from the early days of Popstars (Hearsay) or Pop Idol.
  13. Courtjezter

Courtjezter Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,260
    Please can we have no more Leona or Mceldery - alikes, they are just all to boring.
    I want a singer who can actually Rock out and is interesting to listen too, not just another bleedin ballad singer. So either Storm, Katie or that painter/decorator bloke should win. I actually quite like that Nicolo bloke, i really dont think people 'get him' if you dont take anything he says seriously then you will get him.
  14. GaryB

GaryB Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,127
    Intuition or inside information?

I must admit I did smell some kind of "I've made a mistake and we need her/she deserves a chance" from a tearful Cheryl in another cynical attempt to generate publicity.
  15. stevenisace

stevenisace Active Member

Ratings:
    +343
  16. GaryB

GaryB Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,127
    Exactly what I did - and in about the same amount of time too. The 30 second instant jump button on my Humax PVR makes it even easier than a normal FF button.
  17. muffins

muffins Active Member

Ratings:
    +265

Looks like the list was accurate after all.
  18. kBm

kBm Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,166
    +1 I get him too....:laugh:

So, based on the run up (and ignoring any twist for now) plus, a group went in week 1 in 4 out of the past 6 series....

Who will be out first week?
  19. Shady

Shady Member

Ratings:
    +50
    Shocking judging last night, although we should all realise it is not who is the best singer but who can cause the most column inches - in this case, job done.

Half the issues caused by the raising of the age break, causing some of them to be in the young category and not competing with the very poor over 28's. Marlon and / or Treyce should have been in replacing the old rocker-lite.

Should have had Gamu, Marlon and Trayce - oh, and I would also replace the boy band with the weird kicking out leg dance with the band of builders, painters and decorators - they seemed quite normal.

They should kick out the Italian knob who can't sing, the annoying amnesiac harpie and the little girl with the old womans face which looks like it has been drawn on by a drunk with a wonky hand.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Jay J

Jay J Member

Ratings:
    +183
  21. SyStemDeMoN

SyStemDeMoN Active Member

Ratings:
    +330
    If Gamu does not make it, then it proves that Cheryl knows **** all about music in any way.
    I don,t usually have a favourite in x factor, I just normally get my kicks from hating people, but this was the 1st time I actually thought I had spotted a winner !
  22. tom 2000

tom 2000 Active Member

Ratings:
    +141
  23. Sam Crow

Sam Crow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8,927
    the judges dont pick the final 12 the producers do , who will make better tv
  24. tom 2000

tom 2000 Active Member

Ratings:
    +141
    Fact or opinion?
  25. mrbobc

mrbobc Active Member

Ratings:
    +321
    im pretty much convinced its a collaboration of the judges and producers with simon getting the final say as its his show isnt it? so he has most to gain and its not just a singing comp anymore its also a personality contest and the more diverse contestants there are, the more interest is shown and more likely more telephone votes, which more than makes up for the 1M recording contract to the winner.

its all about the money! for instance theres uproar now about cher and katie and with uproar comes votes either voting against or for them, theyre not really bothered, its better to get votes for anyone than someone whos dull and boring but might have a good voice, getting a ripple of votes, if any.

so i agree its who will make better TV.
  26. Razor

Razor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9,139
    PMSL :rotfl:

Post of the week for me. :smashin:
  27. kBm

kBm Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,166
    Both as they can hide behind the public vote and a live show is a lot harder to fix...

*not impossible though...
  28. denzyl

denzyl Active Member

Ratings:
    +399
    Is it just me or has that Cher got Carlo Ancelottis eyebrows?

as for first 2 vote offs would love them to be Simons contrived boy & girl groups to show them we wont stand for this crap idea
  29. MAX1210

MAX1210 Active Member

Ratings:
    +826
    I thought both those groups performed very well considering the short time they had to practice.
  30. tom 2000

tom 2000 Active Member

Ratings:
    +141
    So did I.