Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-Box Prices

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii & DS Forums' started by Reiner, Oct 19, 2001.

1. Reiner

Reiner Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Xbox-Konsole (inclusive one controller and AV-Interconnectcabel with SCART-Adapter): € 479,00
    Xbox Games: € 69,00
    Add. Controller: € 39,99
    DVD-Playback-Kit with remote control: € 49,99
    Memory Unit (8 Mbyte): € 49,99
    Standard-AV-Cabel with SCART-Adapter: € 24,99
    RGB-SCART-Cabel with optical output for Dolby-5.1: € 29,99
    Antenna-Adapter: € 24,99

Pretty expensive if you ask me ...

Source: http://www.areadvd.de/news/2001/200110/1710200101.shtml
  2. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK Member

Ratings:
    +72
    it will be 300 pound when it gets released an the games are the same price as a ps2.lets face facts for what u get inside the xbox is a hell of a lot more than u do in a ps2.mmmmmmmmm games in 5.1 do you see playstation doing that i think not :D
  3. dUnKle

dUnKle Active Member

Ratings:
    +364
    The comment posted at Bullets and Babes sums this one up, 299 for XBOX or 199 for GAMECUBE and I feel I know which one will sell.

PS2 also has the fact that it will probably be HUGE this Christmas.

Ill stick with my PS2 and get a Gamecube to partner it, I have yet to see anything which will persuade me to go for the CD32 version II
  4. Jenz

Jenz Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Blimey that was quick I only just posted that story.

Anyway I feel it's too much, too late. Sure theres speculation that Gamecube wont hit UK til June 02 but who in their right mind is gonna buy a UK Cube over a US one?

I'm going to watch XBox with interest purely because Microsoft have a way with dominating an industry so it'll be interesting to see what happens. Personally I feel I'll end up buying all three just to play the games I enjoy!

Jenz.
  5. dUnKle

dUnKle Active Member

Ratings:
    +364
    Whats the best and easiest and most reliable way to import a US cube then ?

I had not even given import any thought until what you said above !
  6. Jenz

Jenz Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I tend to use known reliable companies. My personal preference is TronixWeb at http://www.tronixweb.com

Obviously you could buy an Import machine local from someone like Computer Exchange at http://www.cex.xo.uk but you'll pay a hefty premium (but get a UK based guarantee).

It's often wise to buy the hardware local then import the games (and pads/mem cards) if required.

Jenz.
  7. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK Member

Ratings:
    +72
    cant wait to get my xbox an i have halo an project gotham coming with it :)very nice.has anyone even seen the gamecube i posted this before but the launch titles are very very poorwhens the last time you could say that. ps2 is dead in the water an its corpse is floating towards an xbox waterfall.
  8. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK Member

Ratings:
    +72
    oh an i think i would rather pay the extra 100 quid an play grown ups games.not snowboard kids 4 banjo kazooie mario party paper mario kirby pokemon should i go on lol.
  9. lechacal

lechacal Member

Ratings:
    +66
    Hmmm. I think the PS2 is well estabished in first place on sheer numbers alone, and will be even beter positioned by next Spring
    GC and XB will be fighting it out for the runner-up spot. As a games fan, I'd like to see Nintendo do well. Give me Pikmin! NOW!!

On the subject of an earlier post though, I'm waiting for the UK GC on the grounds that the US one won't have RGB output Is this correct, or have I been given a bum-steer?
  10. Luc

Luc Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Personally i think the XBox is goning to tank. Apart from Project Gotham and DOA3, there's nothing i want to play on it that i can't play on PS2/GC, and far more things on GC alone that i NEED to play. Wait 6 months and you'll get Halo on a PC (where it should have stayed in the first place), and by then GF3 will be more affordable and we'll all have 1ghz + prcessors anyway. Apparently the Xbox demo units in the states are being turned off in stores because they keep on crashing and turning people away from pre-ordering. Aside from the technological and gaming standpoints tho, have you SEEN it? Design? What design? It looks like a reject from a bad 70's b-movie. And the controller is so bulbous and un-ergonomic, it's rather dip my hands in lava than play with it for more than 5 minutes.

Got a PS2 for GT3, ISS, DMC, MGS, WipEout, getting a GameCube for Mario, Zelda, Resident Evil, Pimkin, got a PC for Halo... might get an Xbox, need something to hold the door open with.
  11. Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Americans don't use RGB tellies, they use NTSC, so you'll need a SCART compatible TV if you play the import-me-do game with getting a GC.

If I ever get a GaeCube, I will wait for the PAL version and maybe get the adaptor which will probably get released for it to play the US versions of games like WWF Wrestlemania 2001
  12. ReTrO

ReTrO Member

Ratings:
    +59
    The games shop down the orad from me, Vision Games in Wycombe, has a Game Cube in stock already, presumably a US import. I will try to borrow it to use with the 50" NEC PDP we have in, should look good through DVI.

I would get a Game Cube before an X-box, I've got an X-box already...

...it's called my PC.
  13. Metric

Metric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    it will be a jap box, us not out till nov, i cancelled xbox and ordered gamecube from dvdboxoffice

ms are apparently giving big subsidies to dev groups as no one is signing up... i guess we can expect alot of ports

Mike
  14. Luc

Luc Member

Ratings:
    +4
    ReTrO: I live in WhyCome too. Bought my speaker cable in the Sound Gallery as it happens..

Vision games is where i got Onimusha, and even though i had to wait about 20 minutes for my card to go through for some reason, they were nice enough to let me play Silent Scope on their PS2 (that entertained me for all of 30 seconds, already completed it on the DC..). Good place to trade in stuff too, Onimusha's going to make way for THPS3 come Nov 9th...

Hopefully the GC will be as easy as the N64 to convert to RGB internally. For the N64, Blaze did an external unit that converted the composite to RGB and had a scart lead attatched, but i'm skeptical about what it could really do, never having seen one in action..
  15. Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting the PAL X Box when it comes out next March.

I will be getting the following X Box games:

1. WWF RAW IS WAR
    2. Unreal Championship
    3. Dead or Alive 3
    4. Halo
    5. Star Wars Starfighter: Special Edition
      [/list=1]
  16. comeclickbuy

comeclickbuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    well to me X BOX is a PC in a box and i work with PC,s for a living and do not want anouther for pure gaming, i have my U.S gamecube on pre order already received Rogue leader today just need the console to play it on, i have had every nintendo console and will continue ti stick with them they make the best games along with Rare and this time have the thiurd party support

PS2 has too much of a lead but gamecube will steal the show with there battle against the X Box
  17. Gerry

Gerry Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Would tend to agree that the Xbox is really a PC done up like a game console. Looking forward to trying Gamecube(before I buy) when the pal version arrives. Right now ppl are buying the PS2 just so they can play the long awaited MSG2.
  18. Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Imho Metal Gear Solid 1 was one of THE crappiest games on the PSOne EVER! So I don't think I will be buying a PS2 for MGS2! Also, PS2 has no online gaming faciliy at the moment, and X Box will have broadband straight out of the box (Assuiming you live withing 3.5 Kilometres of your telephone exchange), and the technical specifications of X Box are far greater than those of PS2 so for me, X Box is the way to go.

Also, there are about 6 or 7 X Box games I want, and only 2 or 3 PS2 games I would even give the time of day to, so the fact remains that I am getting X Box, sod PS2, it sucks!
  19. Jenz

Jenz Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Richy, Please tone your language. These "this sucks, that sucks" posts do not help anyone.

Jenz.
  20. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    broadband out of the box... doesnt this rather depend on having a broadband connection and account?
  21. annefromuk

annefromuk Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It has a Ethernet Port built in (on back of console)

But you will still need a DSL or cable broadband provider.
    (this is not a con by Microsoft, you can buy lots of Internet ready devices, but you will always need an ISP)

With DSL you need to be within about 3.5 km to the exchange
    Cable is differant, contact Telewest or NTL for coverage info

With a Cable ISP you get a modem with a Ethernet port on the back, so all you need to do is connect the Xbox with the Modem using a standard network lead.

As a bonus, PC's and Xbox can live happily together on the same network, so if you have a home Lan wired up all over your house, you can connect the Xbox in with out any problems, but please bear in mind PC and Xbox cant talk to each other, its that they just dont mind sharing bandwith.

Anne