Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World of Warcraft Part 2

Discussion in 'PC Gaming Forum' started by Garrett, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Garrett

Garrett Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Got my second char to 80 on Tuesday found my hunter a lot easier leveling than my shammy.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. stevos

stevos Active Member

Ratings:
    +202
    Congrats on your 2nd lvl80

I don't know Garrett i would have expected better from a mod than to start an unoffical 2nd thread along side an official one. Comedy.

I have more or less grinded all the heroics now for the gear i want on my prot pala and hopefully will get the final pieces at the weekend. That should give me a chance to focus on my mage a bit, really can't wait to get him to lvl77 and get his flying carpet.

I have now collected around 300 of the non-heroics badge things and was thinking about getting a bind on account wep with them and sending it to my shaman who is around lvl50ish.

Really loving the expansion so far.
  3. Garrett

Garrett Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Im known as the bad boy of Mods :rotfl:

Ive sent the mod a PM over the other thread just waiting for a reply.
  4. Sinzer

Sinzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +860
    Maybe you guys want to consider having a WoW sub forum, like there is in the console forums. ??
  5. Garrett

Garrett Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,580
    By the way I had a nice supprices when I went to get my lv 70 pets out of the stable to level up I found there lv 75 now so that only 5 lv to level them in. I know if you tamed one that thet became 5 lv under you but as 1 was a rare cat and 1 a Molten Core hound I dd not want to go back and do MC or look for the rare agian.

Also Im ad some other hunters are finding that pet talents are re-activating themselfs.
    The other ight I found I was pulling agro off my gorilla which he normaly can hold agro like a vice with super glue on only to find a bit later that cower hd re-activated itself.
    Also my cats prowel kept coming on and slowing its attcks down:thumbsdow
  6. Fe_man2000

Fe_man2000 Member

Ratings:
    +179
    yeah I am - my main is a mage (lvl 80) but when I play the hunter (71) the prowl is coming on when I logon - making Mrs Slowcombe(my pussy) very slow. Strangely is doesnt happen everytime I logon but aroun 50% of the time.

by the way anyone else finding naxx 25 man much easier than 10man ?
  7. stevos

stevos Active Member

Ratings:
    +202
    We have only cleared part of Naxx but yeah 25 man version does seem slightly easier.
  8. Garrett

Garrett Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Can any one tell me if you now have to log in to The Armoury?

Im alwways dubious of key logers and it even says on the site dont dont enter your password if the site does not begin with www.XXXXXXXXX and it doesent:confused:
  9. flashbarker

flashbarker Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Congrats Garrett on your second lvl 80.

Changed some talents around on my TG Fury Warrior, now i am pushing even more dps.......and whats this in the new patch not hit penalty with TG anymore and a improved bloodsurge :rotfl:
  10. stevos

stevos Active Member

Ratings:
    +202
    No i don't need to log on but if i do i can see guild info like bank etc. As i use one the authenticator things i can't log in from work anyway because the thing never leaves my computer.
  11. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

Ratings:
    +288
    Looks like this is the official thread now then!
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Rasuphas

Rasuphas Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I re-activated my account last weekend...after nearly 4 years. I really feel all powerful with my lvl27 Hunter :D
  13. semiskimmed

semiskimmed Active Member

Ratings:
    +213
    just think of the rested bonus :rotfl:
  14. Bassline@ddict

Bassline@ddict Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Isn't it a max of 2 levels though?;):rotfl:

I logged on myself the other day for the first time in a long time. Wanted to see what the changes were like and i was pleasently suprised, they've certainly buffed spriest dps. I actually feel quite powerfull now as opposed to pretty pathetic even with 1200 spell damage (This is at lvl 70). Which is what a longed for considering i had pretty damn good gear at the time. Not bought Wrath yet but considering it, i know that i'll put all my time into it again as that's how my personality works. We'll see.:rolleyes:
  15. alphaomega16

alphaomega16 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,559
    Max Rested is 150%. 1.5 Levels.
  16. semiskimmed

Ratings:
    +213
    aye, but if youre only playing it for a few horus a day it will be mroe like perma rested bonus 70-80.
    im really fed up with my 80 deathknight now so looking for a new main from one of my alts and ill be glad of the rested xp!
  17. wormvortex

wormvortex Active Member

Ratings:
    +270
    everytime I come back to wow I have a constant rested bonus as I don't play it enough to get out of it :)
  18. Garrett

Garrett Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,580
    I too thought max rested was 2 levels although on low chars I found that never seemed to be the case.
    On my hunter I near enough had rested up to 78 as handing in quest was pushing it futher along than killing was eating it away.
  19. Solar

Solar Active Member

Ratings:
    +426
    because i have to do 3x the amount of killing for most quests on my multiboxers, rested bonus is virtualy none existent for me :(
  20. danvitale

danvitale Member

Ratings:
    +124
    Afternoon all - Im a WOW newbie - what do you suggest is the best place to lvl a Tauren Warrior from lvl 24 to 30? Cheers.
  21. flashbarker

flashbarker Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The Barrens and then move to Thousand Needles, good luck fellow warrior.

"FOR THE HORDE"
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  22. semiskimmed

Ratings:
    +213
    hillsbrad foothills is another choice for your level.
  23. MrGrumpie

MrGrumpie Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,712
    Any of you WOWers tried WAR?
  24. semiskimmed

Ratings:
    +213
    i got war on release day and played it for a month, i found it looked good and had some real laugh out loud moments, typical of warhammer sense of humour but i found it very clunky and hard to find my way round in game. maybe it was just its release state that wasnt very good, but i soon went back to wow. i did try to play it again last month though and not much seemed to have changed, but as wotlk is here im in wow atm
  25. Sinzer

Sinzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +860
    I have only played WoW in trial, ages ago, and I have been playing WAR for the last two months.

Basically, I think it can be summed up as following :

+ WAR is fast PVP action orientated, there is PVE in there, but it is mainly fluff and is to support the PVP action.
    + WAR has removed most of the timesinks, that a MMORPG has built in. Travel times are short, levelling times are short, jumping into instance PVP scenarios can be done from everywhere while you are playing PVE.
    + War is very casual friendly. You can always log in and do something worthwhile for 30mins no matter what your level. An hour will almost net you half a level throughout the game.

- WAR is a poor MMORPG if you want to mortgage your life away for intense virtual relationships and quests for l33t equipment. Because it is so fast paced and has no timesinks, no one just hangs around chatting, it is a very quiet game.
    - There is little high end PVE content, it is all PVP, if you are a carebear and like the safety of stupid AI that just attacks one character while they spam taunt, then end game is not for you.

Basically, if you like playing multiple games, having a life outside a virtual world and prefer hitting other players with your sword/mallet/axe/staff, then WAR is definately better than WoW. If you really want an in depth PVE world, and soely want to be addicted to one game then WoW is the better choice. WAR is not a game that can be played 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, you will run out of content.
  26. Phil Gr

Phil Gr Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well after lvl'ing a warrior to 70 12 months ago and swearing i will never go back to the game after it sucked up far too much of my life.

Today i unwrapped a copy of the new expansion pack from the mrs -

Noooooooo!!!!!!! it took sooo long to give up and now this.

it is currently sitting on the side. still in the box and Curiosity is starting to get the better of me :thumbsdow
  27. Garrett

Garrett Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Well after month after month rolling any thing from 1-4 on gear in Naxx I won 2 teir items on consecative nights, and we too the end boss down on 25 man:clap:

Any one got a link or info when and whats in the next patch?
  28. Fe_man2000

Fe_man2000 Member

Ratings:
    +179
    gratz - I have a fair amount of purple from 25 man nax but no tier items yet.
    Our guild did our first full clear of nax 25 man the other day which we are happy about - malygos next.

for the next patch do you mean the next small one or the next content patch with uldar instance in it - no idea when that out.

Finally mining will be one hit to get all the ore in the next patch - which will hopefully be next week.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  29. Goomba

Goomba Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Not sure why I did it but took a break from wow as the expansion came out - bought it, installed it, but haven't bothered playing it! Until a few days ago when it hooked me again.

I'm level 73 now and really enjoying it. Done the first two instances which didn't take too much time really.

How long does the average heroic / Naxx take? more than 2 hours?

I think thse are the latest notes?

WoW -> Test Realm Patch Notes
  30. Garrett

Garrett Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Most instance normal or heroic if a good team are doing them take very little time now Id say aboy just over 30 min.

Naxx is a lot different, with our present gear a 25 man takes over 4 hours and 3 night to do. Usaly find we get stuck on one boss but soon as the tactics are learnt we can 1 or 2 shot them. But with new players in the team the have to learn.