Winter Olympics

Artie Fufkin

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Have I missed a thread on this in the sport forums?

<edit> Why have I posted this in GC :rolleyes:

It's all about the Ice Hockey and I am backing Canada and Finland! :smashin:

Love watching the Ice hockey but i'm wanting to see the Curling myself:rolleyes::D

Saw the Luge accident. Couldn't believe it. The way I heard it described I thought it was a freak on-in-a-million accident.

When actually it looked like an accident waiting to happen. :eek:

not sure i would want to see something like that,i saw someone hit the woodwork yesterday on tv and he got away with it...my heart was i my mouth.

Ice Hockey first but will watch as much of it as I can. I even booked 2 weeks off work for the 2006 Games. Love it all!

Yep it's great. I'd check out the ladies final 2006 on Youtube, that was brilliant......

Yep it's great. I'd check out the ladies final 2006 on Youtube, that was brilliant......

A bit of a :facepalm: moment that was!

Enjoyed the men's tonight.

Has anyone ever won an Olympic gold before wearing ripped jeans?? :D

Last edited:
Fantastic achievement for her and team GB. :clap::smashin::thumbsup:

Edge of the seat stuff!!!

she did very well.it must be terrifying going down at 90 miles an hour head first...what a girl. ;)

Amazing that there's no Olympic thread on here:eek:

Might as well post a comment here then lol.

Can't be many scots on here and shirley they all like curling:rolleyes:

Amazing how GB's women team can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory time after time.

Terrible performance one again (just finished another defeat when they had it in the bag).

Wierd that there Skip (19 years old and what a fitty:devil:) starts out the event so strong with her team mates struggling and yet now, at the end of the tournament (they've failed to qualify in the top 4 which must be a huge failure), the rest of the team are doing better yet the skip is struggling so much:(

Tall order for one so young I guess.

Come on the mens team:thumbsup:

Wierd that there Skip (19 years old and what a fitty:devil:)

The dark haired Dane was better

They totally blew it though . I think the pressure had gotten to her

Eve is rather tidy, but check out Gigi Marvins and Hilary Knight of the Usa ladies Hockey team!

What is with all the blue lines in the Ski / Boarding events ? Are they just guides for where the course is?
They never used to have them , did they ?

What is with all the blue lines in the Ski / Boarding events ? Are they just guides for where the course is?
They never used to have them , did they ?

Never seen them. Have seen peeps going over the lines but it's just the gates that count (as expected) so it must just be a guide.

Will be watchign the Mens curling playoff at 10pm tonight.

Semi final against Canada:facepalm: awaits.

Last edited:
Will be watchign the Mens curling playoff at 10pm tonight.

Semi final against Canada:facepalm: awaits.

I'll be tuning in. Curling will be the bloody death of me (never thought I'd say that:D), I find it totally hypnotic and its doing nothing for me getting to bed at a decent hour.

I'll be tuning in. Curling will be the bloody death of me (never thought I'd say that:D), I find it totally hypnotic and its doing nothing for me getting to bed at a decent hour.

Well they're having another one of their off nights again. Some terrible shots:thumbsdow. I'm no expert but they're last shot on the 4th end had no chance.

Not sure if i've got the willpower to stay up till 1230 when all the omens look so bad.

Same as that. My wife hates Curling more than football right now. I did laugh when she asked why they always play so late.

If you're looking for hotties, there was a couple of cute Russian curlers in the ladies team - the skip looked particularly fine the evening I was watching and there was a lovely redhead too...unfortunately they're out now but I'm sure google will find something.

As for the blue paint, it is for the benefit of the competitors. In snow sports you get what they call "flat light", when it's overcast with no shadows and that makes it extremely difficult to judge angles and dips. These marks help overcome that.

I suppose when your skiing downhill at 90mph it would be helpful but I still think it's a bit modern and safe. Less chance of broken bones detracts from the spectacle. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom