Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will the Sony PSP be able to play MP3's?

Discussion in 'PS Vita & PSP' started by Funky, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Funky

Funky Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I was thinking about getting NHJ MPM-201 Portable Media Player, but then it occured to me that maybe the PSP will be able to play MP3's. Does anyone know if it will be able to or not? :confused:
  2. H4r7y

H4r7y Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    as far as i know, it will do through the memory card slot. just like some mobile phones etc. drag and drop onto your memory card and away you go.
  3. DVDNUT

DVDNUT Member

Ratings:
    +6
    You will also be able to get music content UMD disks, which will have MP3 and image files on.
    Other than that, then the previous post is correct, dragging MP3's onto the memory stick works just fine.
  4. AML

AML Active Member

Ratings:
    +229
    it has to be in the right folder though. Otherwise the PSP wont recognise the files. The first thing you need to do is format the memory card on the PSP, then either hook up the PSP by USB cable or use a card reader.
  5. Miyazaki

Miyazaki Active Member

Ratings:
    +861
  6. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK Member

Ratings:
    +72
    i was impressed with watching my dvds on my p900 but being able to play GT4 and watch a dvd on the move is even better.
  7. DVDNUT

DVDNUT Member

Ratings:
    +6
    The quality of the MP3 playback is also superb, not quite up to the iPod volume, but definitely up there on the quality front.