1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Zapper & 3rd party gun housings - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Wii & Wii-U' started by Tetlee, Jul 12, 2007.

1. pw00t

pw00t Member

Ratings:
    +17
    At least you won't pick up the magnum by mistake and start shooting at the TV screen ;)
  2. davemulheran

davemulheran Member

Ratings:
    +67
    The hand cannon is only heavy if you're a GIRL!!!
  3. Stinja

Stinja Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,343
    I'm a transvestite, women's underwear feels so much better on your skin, does that count?

Anyway, my point was the balance not the total weight :rtfm:

My Venom arrived, and i do prefer it. Trigger seems just as good/bad as the Handcannon, prefer the plug at the bottom for the nunchuk, rather than fiddling with the cable tidy, and generally seems more practical. Handcannon still has the "grin factor".
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  4. soltakr

soltakr Member

Ratings:
    +52
    hello all
    picked up a wii recently and only games atm i want to play are shooters. so off to ebay and looked at the various holders and was wondering which is best for me.

iv seen the nyko thats been recommended here and seen how the nunchuck connects to the buttom.

other option is the offical gun+trainer from asda minus discount so 13.33
    or one of the various ones from ebay, definitely dont want the knock off wii zapper.

i do like the look of this, does it come with a lazer pointer? plus if i go for this then i want the Xp media remote he is selling too.
    New Zapper Laser Gun For Nintendo Wii "call of duty" on eBay, also, Nintendo Wii, Accessories, Video Games (end time 03-Jun-09 10:48:39 BST)

or this weird looking thing, very like the zapper i had waay back in the day for duck hunt :smashin:
    New Nintendo Wii Console Zapper Blaster Shot Gun UK on eBay, also, Nintendo Wii, Accessories, Video Games (end time 25-May-09 23:00:00 BST)

or theres always play and one of these
    Play.com (UK) : Exspect Wii Rumble Light Gun : Nintendo Wii - Free Delivery with rumble

Play.com (UK) : Datel Wii Precision FX Pistol (includes Nunchuk Controls) : Nintendo Wii - Free Delivery with built in nunchck controls

So what i see is either a gun with nunchuck on the back or handing seperatly like the nyko, so which is the best to hold to play anyway?

thanks
  5. Tetlee

Tetlee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,680
    That first one looks horendous IMO:rolleyes: The second shotgun one I've seen reviewed in the past and came out of it quite highly regarded.

As for all in one or seperate handgun and nunchuk, I think the sperate option will give you far more options, more versatile as many games require gestures with the nunchuk, meaning those all in one shotgun style shells can cause awkwardness.

Hope that helps.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Bossk128

Bossk128 Member

Ratings:
    +79
    I was under the assumption most people rated the Nyko Perfect Shot and the Venom (about £6 from Morrisons).
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. soltakr

soltakr Member

Ratings:
    +52
    hmm, still undecided but might be leaning to the venom. i took a second look at the venom, if you look at the grip its the same as my walther p99, if its 1:1 thats even better
  8. soltakr

soltakr Member

Ratings:
    +52
    well i bit the bullet :D:rotfl: and went for the venom from morrisons for £6. the grip persuaded me, check out the pic

[​IMG]
    tis swish:thumbsup:

thanks Boss

as soon as i have time ill fire up heros 2 and see how it feels, kinda which it weighed 900gm like my walther.:rolleyes:

since thats done and dusted next up the modchip.
  9. JimmyCobra

JimmyCobra Member

Ratings:
    +10
    finaly bought one of these wii thingys, to entertain the kids even though theres a 360 in every room at the moment. has anybody got any views on the best gun to get for this console. reviews seem to point to the hand cannon for house of the dead.also can this be used with other wii games.

cheers jimmy
  10. MikeKay1976

MikeKay1976 Active Member

Ratings:
    +497
    hi

am new to this so take with pinch of salt till better answer comes along but....

isnt the gun just an empty shell which you plug the wii mote into?

am fairly sure it is (much like the mario kart racing wheel)

if so any should do as its the wiimote which does the work.
  11. Wilba75

Wilba75 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Indeed a gun for the Wii is just a shell in which you usually connect the Wii remote & nuchuck into.

There are plenty to chose from some that only hold the Wii remote, shaped like a hand gun.

The one I have found to be the best is a Wii Zapper

Link's Crossbow Training (inc. Wii Zapper) (Wii): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

I bought what is shown in the link. Links Crossbow trg. is a easy and fun game to pick up on whilst you get use to using the zapper.

Other games I use the Zapper on are:-

Ghost Squad
    Call of Duty World at War
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex

Hope this helps :)
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  12. tryingtimes

tryingtimes Member

Ratings:
    +557
    I haven't tried one, but I keep hearing recommendations for the Nyko Perfect Shot.
    For what it's worth :)
  13. kindshark

kindshark Member

Ratings:
    +5
  14. G a f f e r

G a f f e r Moderator

Ratings:
    +408
    Moved to the existing Wii Zapper/Guns thread.
  15. MikeKay1976

MikeKay1976 Active Member

Ratings:
    +497
    Hi

i am looking at different guns and have a few questions.

i was going to get the zapper with links crossbow training however

does this work with wii motion plus attached?

how about the silicon jacket? are there any guns which work with both of these devices attached as its a PITA to keep removing them.

finally, if i was to go for a more classic gun, can you still attach the nunchuck to it?

many thanks

edit

just saw these but they look a bit cheap. just wondering if anyone has tried them.

wi motion plus compatable and its 2 guns.... BUT like i said, seem cheap so may be pants?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WII-SEMI-AUTO...s_VideoGameAccessories_JN?hash=item56376fca94
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  16. Bossk128

Bossk128 Member

Ratings:
    +79
    I can confirm that the Perfect Shot will not fit the MotionPlus or the rubber jacket. Has to be a basic naked Wii remote. I also find the Perfect Shot to have a slightly small grip (for those with chunkier hands).

I'm loathe to fork out for more plastic stuff though to try the Venom!

Most gun housings have a "pass through" port to attach the Nunchuck.
  17. tupacshakurday

tupacshakurday Member

Ratings:
    +0

the zapper u have to remove the silicon cover but you could buy a cheap controller and use that in it if you really cant be bothered to keep taking it off all the time :)
  18. AfxTwn

AfxTwn Member

Ratings:
    +101
    Alternatively you could just do without the various gun housings as they really don't make that much of a difference to the game. They're more for comfort/aesthetics than anything else. I have bought numerous gun housings and have since just reverted to using the nunchuck and remote on their own in each hand like with all other games. If anything I find I have a more accurate shot as I can move the remote round with ease rather than being in a fixed position (like with the zapper).