Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii to Monitor: HDMI Not Optimum Mode

Discussion in 'Wii & Wii-U' started by Peregrin, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Peregrin

Peregrin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought this, so I could play with my Wii on my monitor, but when I switch my monitor to HDMI view, it tells me:

Not Optimum Mode
    Recommended Mode 1920x1080 60hz

My monitor's always on the recommended mode. My PS3/360 work fine through the same HDMI port.
    I've tried playing with lowering my monitor's resolution to something in the 480 and 720 range. Still the same response.

My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster P2770H/P770FH.
    Is there something I'm doing wrong? I just assumed it was going to be plug and play.
    I'm not trying to get any HD effect going on with the Wii, I just don't have any other video ports available.

I see in my Nvidia Control Panel, it says "Connector: DVI-PC display"
    Is there suppose to be separate settings for the HDMI somewhere?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  2. Walshy007

Walshy007 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Your refresh rate is not high enough.
    Your monitor is 50Hz and TV's run at 60Hz, I had the same problem I bought a DVI to HDMI for my PS3 and that didnt work either.
  3. Peregrin

Peregrin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It works now.
    The Wii apparently defaults at 480i, and I guess my monitor wasn't happy with that. Luckily, my mom's monitor didn't seem to care about the interlacingness and I was able to boot it up through her monitor and set it to 480p. Now I can play it on mine. :)

Thanks