1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Sports Resort - discussion thread and opinion poll

Discussion in 'Wii & Wii-U' started by Moogle, Jul 15, 2008.

?

How do you rate Wii Sports Resort? (please vote only after playing)

1. 10 (Genre Defining/Perfect)

4.4%
  2. 9 (Outstanding/Excellent)

30.4%
  3. 8 (Very Good)

43.7%
  4. 7 (Good)

14.1%
  5. 6 (Above Average)

5.2%
  6. 5 (Average)

2.2%
  7. 4 (Below Average)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3 (Poor)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2 (Very Poor)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 (Appalling)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 0 (Utterly Useless)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Chach007

Chach007 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    still cant figure out how to do the 11 point table tennis game on a 2 player game!!!!!!!!!!

please can someone help guys :lease:
  2. Fifty

Fifty Member

Ratings:
    +58
    Hold the number 2 button on the wiimote while you're setting up the game. I don't know exactly when in the setting up process it recognises it, so I hold it down all the way from picking table tennis through to the start of the game. Works fine for me that way.
  3. tvbox

tvbox Active Member

Ratings:
    +589
    Why no tennis on WSR?

Would have been a great spin off. not impressed. Instead of that stupid aeroplane flying thingy, they could have included tennis, and like the other games on WSR have 2 modes, Singles and an unlockable doubles :smashin:

they obviously want to make loads more money out of the other MP games like GST and VT.

However grand slam tennis seemed to have mixed reviews, any of you recommend and good, motionplus tennis games? Do they use miis?
  4. CAS FAN

CAS FAN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,918
    Because they did table tennis instead. There's Tennis in Wii Sports so just play that one if you fancy a game of Tennis. It would be rubbish if all this was was improved versions of what was in Wii Sports. I'm glad that they put a load of new sports in.

Personally I prefer Table Tennis. I also like the flying around game, as does my son so i'm glad they included that one. :)
  5. Amph

Amph Active Member

Ratings:
    +530
    Totally agree with you on this. Plus, table tennis is the perfect basis for showing off M+ as it plays on a smaller scale to Tennis.

Seems to be a lot of moaning about nothing but minor points. Things that I don't feel take anything away from the package at all.
  6. tvbox

tvbox Active Member

Ratings:
    +589
    I'm not saying TT is rubbish at all, i gave it 10/10 and said the same as you, it makes the most of MP.

What i am 'moaning' about is the exclusion of tennis.

If they had golf, bowling and well, swordplay (linked to boxing IMO), then why not tennis? (which is a seperate MP game; GST)
  7. CAS FAN

Ratings:
    +2,918
    It's more to do with having variety really. Table Tennis fills the need that Tennis filled in Wii Sports and to include Tennis alongside Table Tennis would have meant that there would be two very similar sports in the way they play.

Golf and Bowling do not have other sports that have replaced the sporting need that they fulfil, hence their inclusion again. I guess that you can say, "why haven't they done this, why haven't they included that" with regard to most games but at the end of the day they are a finite resource. You could say, "why isn't there rifle or pistol shooting?", but there is archery which meets that need to a good extent and is a more physical option. You could ask "why isn't there the discus, shot put or Javelin?", but there is frisbee which provides a throwing sport to meet that need.

At the end of the day, what ever they put in (unless they pretty much simulated every sport going, and if they did that then the quality would suffer due to development time) some folk would always question why something or other isn't in the game.

The best way I find to approach games is to just view them for what they are....a finite resource that delivers a range of experiences. If you approach games by just looking for what isn't in the game then that can only lead to constant disatisfaction.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. tvbox

tvbox Active Member

Ratings:
    +589
    YES!!! I have worked out how to do canoeing properly now. Just hold the remote with the top part facing up. Works really good and again, he knows how you move the bat.
    Wii sports was a bit sticky in some parts, apart from tennis, but still on tennis you need to shake the remote to activate a swing, but on here even slow movements can be seen.
  9. CAS FAN

Ratings:
    +2,918
    :confused: Why would you hold it any other way? The game clearly tells you to hold it like that.
  10. tvbox

tvbox Active Member

Ratings:
    +589
    No, it didn't show the body though, until you look in the game manual (which i did, but overlooked the canoeing). On the screen, it shows a hand with the remote held with 2 hands towards the screen. I was originally holding it like that but with the a button half of the remote, towards the floor.

So i should have :rtfm:

On wakeboarding, how do you do tricks in air? All i know is you have to go past the wave then land flat. Surely you can do flips?
  11. CAS FAN

Ratings:
    +2,918
    On mine it shows the remote held vertical with IIRC the left hand at the top of the remote and the right hand holding the bottom. It then shows the rowing action that you need to do.
  12. simon555

simon555 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Spining / waving the remote around works for me :D.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Amph

Amph Active Member

Ratings:
    +530
    Have recently decided to give the air sports a go and have to say I love the Island Flyover. Thought it would be boring but it really isn't, and finding all of the points is a real challenge.

Have just found all 80 Info points or whatever they are. Only managed to do it all by fluke I think! :D Now to get all the balloons. Then do it all on various times of day.
  14. swindlerz

swindlerz Member

Ratings:
    +2
    this game is well good, table tennis and that sword game made me play it for hrs. too bad its short and no online play
  15. kebabthief

kebabthief Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's great multiplayer, but hardly anything I'd play on my own for hours on end. But I guess that goes for the majority of Wii games.

It's definitely one for the collection though,
  16. johnjoedb

johnjoedb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    love it especialy the sword fighting waiting for some more motion plus games thou and ping pong the last two on single player are imposible thou
  17. TheyCallMeTJ

TheyCallMeTJ Active Member

Ratings:
    +633
    I feel really bad bumping this thread but I only just bought this game with a MP. What an excellent sequel to the brilliant Wii Sports. All of the games have just the right level of playability and progression and more importantly fun factor. You can really work up a sweat with most of these games without causing pain in your wrists as some games do (like Mario & sonic Olympics). The MP seems like a very worthy upgrade. £15 for the game/mp pack is great value.