Wii Sports Resort - discussion thread and opinion poll

How do you rate Wii Sports Resort? (please vote only after playing)

• 4 (Below Average)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 (Poor)

• 2 (Very Poor)

• 1 (Appalling)

• 0 (Utterly Useless)

• Total voters
Akira - the dude with the red glasses?

MY GOD he is annoying. Having trouble getting more than one point against him... he get's EVERYTHING back... :mad:

I have to agree, how do you beat him ????

I have had upto 50 shot rallies but am struggling to get a single point.

Has anyone managed to get past him?

I had a very odd game of table tennis last night. The first thing which struck me was that the noise of my opponent hitting the ball wasn't quite right and certainly didn't sound the same as me hitting the ball.
On closer inspection i realised that my opponent wasn't playing with a table tennnis bat but was in fact using a slipper:D

Anyone else seen this or any other odd stuff. Might have just been coincidence but it happened after i lost 3 matches in a row. Maybe the wii was feeling sorry for me so made my opponent play with a slipper:rotfl:

Edit: having just had a quick surf there seems to be a suggestion that if you hold 1 when starting (like holding 2 for the 11 point game) you can also play with the slipper! Not at home just now so can't check

Last edited:
I had a very odd game of table tennis last night. The first thing which struck me was that the noise of my opponent hitting the ball wasn't quite right and certainly didn't sound the same as me hitting the ball.
On closer inspection i realised that my opponent wasn't playing with a table tennnis bat but was in fact using a slipper:D

Anyone else seen this or any other odd stuff. Might have just been coincidence but it happened after i lost 3 matches in a row. Maybe the wii was feeling sorry for me so made my opponent play with a slipper:rotfl:

Edit: having just had a quick surf there seems to be a suggestion that if you hold 1 when starting (like holding 2 for the 11 point game) you can also play with the slipper! Not at home just now so can't check

Yip I played a dude who played with a slipper, it was Kenny from South Park (you killed Kenny, you *******s)

Anybody play frisbee golf?
Its superb

I cannot beat the champion Bint at all. Don't think i've take a point off here yet.

Any tips as she returns everything

FINALLY managed to beat Lucifer (okay, Lucia) the TT Champ.

After not being able to get more than 4 points past here I finally win 8-6. Typical isn't it. :rolleyes:

Now I've got to make sure I don't slip down the rankings and play her again.

Edit : The way I beat her is to force her out as wide as possible, and then smash the ball left and right as many times as it takes to get past her. Best way to force her out wide (for me anyway) is taking the ball early on my forehand, top-spinning it out left. When it's getting too fast or I'm being forced out wide I throw in a slice/backspin shot to get myself nearer the table again.

Last edited:
Is it me or is the table tennis match a little unfair? I'm currently on 1450 points so ready to take on the champ BUT what I find difficult is returning a ball from a wide angle - if I manage it then my character seems to stay there only not to get back to a smash shot performed by the AI player - is there a way to get back to the centre of the table quickly to give me a better chance of returning a smash shot.

:D

No.

I have the same trouble. I think the way around it is to not let yourself get in that position in the first place. If you think about it, if you were playing for real and being pushed out wide you'd play a floaty spin shot to give yourself time to get back to the table. Same with this.

I have hit the ceiling in Table tennis. 2500 is as high as i gets even though you get to play players up to 2515. Gets bloody hard but still brilliant....:smashin:

Is it me or is the table tennis match a little unfair? I'm currently on 1450 points so ready to take on the champ BUT what I find difficult is returning a ball from a wide angle - if I manage it then my character seems to stay there only not to get back to a smash shot performed by the AI player - is there a way to get back to the centre of the table quickly to give me a better chance of returning a smash shot.

:D

Try slicing it if you are being played to the far extreme of the table. A slice really slows the ball down and gives you chance to get back into the middle of the table. Smash returns are timing dependent, try to get the return in either as soon as it bounces or as close to table level as possible.

Just got this today (couldn't resist the Shopto £32.99 offer with the motionplus thingy) and I love it!

Table Tennis is superb and i've enjoyed every other one o've played as well. My 2 year old loved the sword fighting one and can actually play it pretty well :D.

The motion plus thing works great to be honest and overall i'm very impressed! :)

Just got this today... and I love it!

I too bought this today and whilst I've only had chance to try out Frisbee and Table Tennis, I really enjoyed both.

EA Grand Slam Tennis makes good use of the M+ but I get the feeling that once I've played through this a few times I'll know that Nintendo always do things best.

BIG :smashin:.

I too bought this today and whilst I've only had chance to try out Frisbee and Table Tennis, I really enjoyed both.

EA Grand Slam Tennis makes good use of the M+ but I get the feeling that once I've played through this a few times I'll know that Nintendo always do things best.

BIG :smashin:.

I must say that this is the first M+ game i've played but i'm very impressed.

The only one i'm not keen on is the golf, but by all accounts EA have nailed this with TW10. I found the putting especially bad on this as just a slight movement seems to fill the power bar and send the ball shooting off the green.

Other than that though, all of the other sports i've tried (Archery, Canoeing, Basketball, Flying, Frisbee, Wakeboarding, Table Tennis are the other ones i've played so far) were superb! :thumbsup:

The only one i'm not keen on is the golf, but by all accounts EA have nailed this with TW10. I found the putting especially bad on this as just a slight movement seems to fill the power bar and send the ball shooting off the green.

It's all the wrist CAS:D I find the putting to be much better, along with the short game, than Wii Sports but I'm a complete Table Tennis addict, it's simply brilliant. What a shame there's no online element, My Mrs and 3yr old aren't much of a challenge!

It's all the wrist CAS:D I find the putting to be much better, along with the short game, than Wii Sports but I'm a complete Table Tennis addict, it's simply brilliant. What a shame there's no online element, My Mrs and 3yr old aren't much of a challenge!

It does seem better than Wii Sports Golf, but i'm still not much of a fan of it. Table Tennis is superb though! I loved Tennis on the original, but Table Tennis is way better still. You actually find yourself stood in a proper table tennis stance and playing the shots like you should...just brilliant and like you say it's a huge shame there's no online. :(

I've had Sports Resort since release day and I have to say the Table Tennis is possibly the best simulation of a sport I've ever played. I thought the original Wii Tennis was great but the table tennis knocks it out of the park (pardon the pun). I've read reviews that say it's not very deep and the controls are very simplistic. Huh? Have they been playing the same game as me? The amount of variation in every point is amazing and once you've mastered how to put top and bottom spin on a shot the game takes on a whole new life of its own.

The game is excellent against the machine (though the AI does cheat quite a bit) but play against someone who's also mastered every shot and its pure gaming nirvana. Had a mate of mine over the other night for a quick session (ooooh matron) - I have the Wii hooked up my home cinema projector so for the next 4 hours we battled it out on my 3.5 metre screen. I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember and this ranks up there with the first time I played multiplayer Mario Kart or GoldenEye. Fantastic fun.

The only downsides to the table tennis are that the other Resort games don't really get a look in... and beating that bitch Lucia to become champion took about 6 or 7 attempts. :D

Table Tennis is great, but it gets a bit dull playing against the CPU and the wife and my 2 year old aren't much competition.

Shame they didn't put an online mode in :(.

Saving scores.....

Does this game do something odd when saving scores? When we go out of the game and go back in, it seems to lose rankings. The overall high scores are kept but not rankings. Is there something I have to setup for this? I;ve tried adding an SD card but that hasn;t worked. I;m a bit of noob with this thing techy wise but haven't had that problem with anything else.

Cheers

My wife got me Sports Resort for my birthday during the week and I have to agree about the Table Tennis - superb. Having played the game competitively when I was younger (over 25 years ago :eek:), the inclusion of the motion plus add-on allows you some pretty realistic control and bodes well for future games on the Wii.

... and beating that bitch Lucia to become champion took about 6 or 7 attempts. :D

After beating Helen 6-0, I was surprised that my next opponent was Lucia. Having read how difficult she is to beat, I thought that the step up from Helen wouldn't be that big and I'd be in with a pretty good chance of beating her. So, being fully warmed up and with my confidence high, bring it on Lucifer I thought. Five minutes later she'd walloped me 6-0 :eek:. None of the other players before her had anywhere near her power and range of shots and I was taken fully by surprise. So, smarting from my defeat, I thumped Helen again 6-1 and faced up to the devil once more. She only went and beat me 6-0 again!!!
I called it a day after that as I could feel my blood pressure rising to boiling point :mad:
I'll have her next weekend though :devil: if my muscles have stopped aching by then :laugh:

My wife got me Sports Resort for my birthday during the week and I have to agree about the Table Tennis - superb. Having played the game competitively when I was younger (over 25 years ago :eek:), the inclusion of the motion plus add-on allows you some pretty realistic control and bodes well for future games on the Wii.

After beating Helen 6-0, I was surprised that my next opponent was Lucia. Having read how difficult she is to beat, I thought that the step up from Helen wouldn't be that big and I'd be in with a pretty good chance of beating her. So, being fully warmed up and with my confidence high, bring it on Lucifer I thought. Five minutes later she'd walloped me 6-0 :eek:. None of the other players before her had anywhere near her power and range of shots and I was taken fully by surprise. So, smarting from my defeat, I thumped Helen again 6-1 and faced up to the devil once more. She only went and beat me 6-0 again!!!
I called it a day after that as I could feel my blood pressure rising to boiling point :mad:
I'll have her next weekend though :devil: if my muscles have stopped aching by then :laugh:

Don't forget about the 11 point matches that you can choose instead. I find that the 6 point matches can be all over far too quickly if you make a few mistakes, having 11 points gives you a chance to claw your way back.

Derek

p.s. Having said that, I came up against someone who used a shoe instead of a bat. I became so mesmerised by the bloody shoe that I stopped looking at the ball and was hammered!:mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom