1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Remotes lost connection with console

Discussion in 'Wii & Wii-U' started by dannius, Mar 19, 2007.

1. dannius

dannius Active Member

Ratings:
    +260
    Don't know whether this is much of an issue or not, but yesterday I was playing Wii Play and then went back to the Wii Menu. My daughter wanted to play Super Mario World so I selected that and plugged in the classic controller. As I did this the remote lost it's connection with the console, pressing the remote's buttons just caused the Remote lights to blink a few times.

I tried to sync the remote again using the sync buttons but it couldn't find it, I then tried my second remote which also failed to connect.

Finally I unplugged the console (which is a pain to do in my setup) and plugged it back in, then tried again to sync the remotes and they connected. :confused:

Now, my console is only about 10 days old, i'm wondering if this is likley to be a recurring problem and if I should get it replaced whilst I can rather than waiting and potentially having to get it repaired. Or if the problem is a one off and I should just forget it happened?

Searching on the forums I only found one other thread on this with a couple of people who have experienced it, if it's not a widespread problem then that leads me to think maybe my console is faulty.

What should I do? :(
  2. Randallfish

Randallfish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had exact same problem, I think I waited too long on start up before pressing "A" and all 4 lights lit up on my controller and I appeared to have lost the connection.

After consulting the manual and finding the sync buttons I tried and re-tried that but to no avail.

I finally pushed reset on the console, at the prompt to press the "A" button it worked ok.:smashin:

I am guessing that if you leave the console too long after start up it boots without "registering" the controls.

I haven't had a problem since (fingers crossed) but I will post if I do.
  3. gordon99

gordon99 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I had the same situation as Randallfish last night. I waited too long before pressing A.

I re-syced and then pressed reset.
  4. dannius

dannius Active Member

Ratings:
    +260
    Yeah that wasn't my problem though, I had already been using the Wii Menu and then selected a game when it lost sync.

Seems to be ok now though, just been playing Wii Sports and everything is working fine. Guess i'll just leave it and worry about it if it happens again.
  5. Lexxy_703

Lexxy_703 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    on this thread, there were 5 of us with the same problem BUT in my post no. 11, i've linked to 2 different forums where the same problem had been reported.

i doubt you've got a one-off faulty console, just seems to be a slight problem that pops up every now & again.
  6. vinvader

vinvader Member

Ratings:
    +184
    Ive also read numerous posts here about this problem since the launch of the Wii. Its also happened to me a couple of times, i agree that its just somthing that happens and wouldn't be solved by exchanging your console. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again.

Unplugging the Wii seems to solve quite afew of the problems that may occur with it.
  7. andytabor

andytabor Member

Ratings:
    +40
    yeah this happens to me every so often too, hopefully nintendo can provide a fix through future updates.
  8. G a f f e r

G a f f e r Moderator

Ratings:
    +408
    Happened to me a few times to (both at console start up and during game loading). Resetting the console seems to work for me.
  9. wyrdness

wyrdness Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I got my Wii in December, play it nearly every day and have had this happen twice now. The first time, pressing the reset button cured the problem. The second time I had to unplug the console and plug it back in.
  10. dannius

dannius Active Member

Ratings:
    +260
    Ok cheers for your help guys, seems to be more common than I thought. I won't worry about it too much then.