1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Party Question

Discussion in 'Wii & Wii-U' started by FATFINGERS73, Oct 9, 2010.

1. FATFINGERS73

FATFINGERS73 Member

Ratings:
    +128
    Hello,

Can this be bought as a game only? I've already got 4 controllers.

Cheers.
  2. DJT75

DJT75 Active Member

Ratings:
    +631
    Nope it can't - well, not in shops anyway. I spent the weekend checking everywhere. One went on ebay but it went for the same price supermarkets are chucking it out for anyway so not really worth it. I guess the best thing to do is buy the whole package & sell the controller.

It's a strange move by Nintendo, the original Wii Play game came with a controller which made perfect sense, the console was a new release & it was a good way for people to buy additions to it. This time most people won't require the controller I imagine
  3. AfxTwn

AfxTwn Member

Ratings:
    +101
    I think they're just trying to really emphasise the party aspect of the game as this game really shines in multiplayer. Nintendo know that unfortunately most people consider Party games to be rubbish (even though they do sell relatively well) and so they're trying to shift a few more copies of the game by throwing in a free remote.

It's a great game, you should try it. It's pretty much the same price as any other new game for Wii plus you get an extra remote.
  4. Crid

Crid Member

Ratings:
    +157
    Does seem daft to not sell it standalone though. As has been said, it could be justified with Wii Play because that came out at launch time. They could even justify Wii Sports Resort with WMP for the same reason.

Maybe a standalone version will come along later.
  5. Dodgy_Geezer

Dodgy_Geezer Member

Ratings:
    +216
    I'm not sure about this title, from the brief 5 minutes play instore, it looks like a glorified version of Mario Party 8 complete with the useless board and rubbish minigames that seem to all revolve around finding as many stupid ways to use the remote as possible.

I mean pass-the-parcel with a Wii remote, how so not fun is that? Will reserve judgement until I've waded through the other 80 odd minigames but here's hoping there are far more fun Wii Play type proper minigames rather than silly Wario Ware nonsense.
  6. AfxTwn

AfxTwn Member

Ratings:
    +101
    I can confirm Dodgy that there are far better minigames on there than the WarioWare-clones (although I found that game quite fun) you've seen. A lot of them are kind of scaled-down version of the WSR games (like the canoe game).