1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Blue light on disc slot

Discussion in 'Wii & Wii-U' started by radiokid, Dec 9, 2006.

1. radiokid

radiokid Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I thought i'd start a thread on this just to get some feedback on this problem, if it is indeed a problem.

There is a blue light that surrounds the disc slot. Now my understanding of this feature is that the light should be on all the time when there is a disc in the drive, i.e. while in the Wii channels and also while you are playing games.

There is a setting in the WiiConnect24 menu option for the drive light, the options being off, dim and bright.

My light flashes once when i put a game in and start it up, and thats it, the light doesnt stay illuminated at all, which is a real shame as all the pictures of the console on the net show the light on, which really adds to the look of the console. Is this meant to happen or is it meant to stay on? Did the light stay on before the system update is applied? (i updated my system before i played a game so i dont know about this).

Also does it have anything to do with the fact that the option about the light is in the WiiConnect24 menu section? I would have thought it would be in another section.

Anyway, I know a lot of other people are having this problem, so maybe we can get some answers.
  2. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,439
    Please post any problems in the sticky thread at the top of the page mate!
  3. radiokid

radiokid Member

Ratings:
    +1
    ok, sorry about that, sometimes things get burried in big posts thats why i made this one.
  4. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,439
    That thread will be used a lot so wouldnt worry about that!
  5. l0sername

l0sername Member

Ratings:
    +3
    This was posted by a user on the N-Europe forums. No idea if it works.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. mwatson800

mwatson800 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    :smashin:
  7. LinkinRuss

LinkinRuss Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah i wish there was an option to keep the blue light around the drive lit all the time without having to send an email to yourself.

But the only time the blue light will come on is when you stick a disc in the drive or get a message.

With regards to wiiconnect24, it'll light up when its recieving data. Its a cool feature and its cool to have it in standby mode and see the blue light flash when it receives data :)