Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Width and height of standard minidish

Discussion in 'Satellite TV Forum' started by Elmer, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Elmer

Elmer Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Hi my first post on the forums

I've tried searching on the sky website, and on here, but can't seem to find the size (both the width and height) of the standard sky minidish.
    I was going to have sky+ installed this morning, but when the installer arrived, he couldn't put the dish up as it appears that I'm in a conservation area, and as the south facing wall is looking out onto the road I need planning permission for it. I've rang the council, but need to give them the dish dimensions.

Also has anyone tried spray painting their dish to make it look less obtrusive? From looking on the web, the general consensus seems to be its ok as long as you don't use gloss/lead based/metalic paint. People seem to recommend car primer paint. I wonder if Halfords sell/would mix Cotswold stone colour.

I found this webpage interesting on hiding dishes

Thanks in advance
  2. GGTVBD

GGTVBD Active Member

Ratings:
    +326
    560mm wide x 460mm high.

A. Dork
  3. bobcar

bobcar Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Are the Sky installers paid whether they do the job or not? They seem very quick to find a reason not to proceed. We're not allowed aerials at all here (everyone ignores this) but the independent installers attitude is that its up to the customer to take the risk that it might have to be removed.
  4. Elmer

Elmer Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Thanks for the speedy reply Arthur.

Anyone tried painting their dish?
  5. DRGL

DRGL Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Speaking as an an ex sky engineer(employed directly by sky) the installation engineer is liable if you get into trouble over it.Without seeing your house it's hard to say-good dish placement and you may not even see it(Most installs have the dish where it's easiest for the installation-if you had 4 installs and 12 service calls+ a day you would understand!!!)You can get transparent dishes now,the zone 1 dish was about 40cm by 55cm-i've got some in the garage i could measure if i could find them!! You can also get bazooka style "dishes" now.......