Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which van den hul interconnect?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by krishen, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krishen

krishen Member

Ratings:
    +8
    which is the best interconnect in your opinion the c5 bay, the name interconnect or the d102 mk3? i want a van den hul interconnect because of its warm non fatiguing sound. any opinions welcome
  2. miceri

miceri Member

Ratings:
    +65
    What is the rest of your kit?
  3. krishen

krishen Member

Ratings:
    +8
    monitor audio RS6AV Pass labs X5 power amp, marantz cd63ki sig cdp, tag mclaren av32r processor.
  4. krishen

krishen Member

Ratings:
    +8
    any1?
  5. recruit

recruit Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi krishen - I would suggest borrowing a few of them from you're dealer to try, and then see what you prefer.
  6. krishen

krishen Member

Ratings:
    +8
    which out of these cable provides the warmest and smoothest sound? any owners can u share your opinion? wat wat about there speaker cable any recommendations?
  7. miceri

miceri Member

Ratings:
    +65
    If you are thinking of trying to reduce any of the apparent 'brightness' associated with MA speakers, then I would consider putting more money into room acoustic treatments first.

You would cure many more problems than you might expect with this approach. Your kit looks like it could really give great sounds, time to work on the room I think.
  8. krishen

krishen Member

Ratings:
    +8
    my room is actually ok carpeted fairly heavily furnished, so i dont think that is a problem i tried changing my speaker cable from chord carnival silver to cheap copper 1s and the sound was much less bright. my current iterconnects from my processor to power amp and pro to cdp are all ixos xha 203 cables, which arent the best
  9. miceri

miceri Member

Ratings:
    +65
    In that case, I would follow Recruits advice and loan from a dealer to see how they sound in your system. Its not easy for anybody to say how they sound, as there systems are probably not identical to yours, and this matters greatly.

Don't look at only van den huul, as there are many good ICs out there.

Have fun.
  10. krishen

krishen Member

Ratings:
    +8
    i also hav tried three different i/c of my own: ixos xhd 608 qed qnnect 3 and the ixos xha 203, out of the three the ixos xha 203 was the least bright, do u think the van den hul cables would be more warmer and less bright than the 203's?
  11. table manners

table manners Member

Ratings:
    +73
    I have used a few ixos leads in the past and rate them very much for video but if its a warmer sound that you like then van den hul is a very good bet,THE NAME interconnect is imho a very underrated cable (and a good price,around £45m).Like you a prefer a warmer sounding kit (ie myryad/arcam).
    if you have a bit more money to spend then have a look at chord cables Im looking to upgrade from my van den hul leads to them.just got some chord epic speaker cable and im very impressed.
    My van den hul leads really help to keep the treble from my B&W speakers from being a bit on the bright side (if you have heard B&W speakers then you will know what in mean)
    hope this helps.
  12. krishen

krishen Member

Ratings:
    +8
    thnx for that would u say that your ixos ccables are fairly bright or warm sounding? which van den hul cables do u use
  13. table manners

table manners Member

Ratings:
    +73
    I use THE NAME,i wanted a good cable that came in at a good price,for the money it was the only cable that i listened to that i thought would make the best type of sound for me(when your buying a few leads it does start to add up money wise and i was taken back by what i was getting for the price) .I was useing QED one interconnects before great budget lead but something was missing.
    One thing i will say is IXOS really need to sort out the sockets on their whole cable range,they really are a pain getting them on and off,unlike the van den hul cable which fit nice and snug.im sure if you get to use some of these cables on demo then you will see my point.
  14. RobsterD

RobsterD Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Hi Krishen
    Got some Van Den Huls 1st/2nd for sale cheap,if you dont like you're not gonna lose selling them on,ebay they'll go for well above what I'm selling at.
    They are good cables I was all VDH using The Wind speaker cable which is great,just changed my amps and the VDH's just seemed to dull the sound,changed to TCI Cobras,thanks Gsrai :),would like to try some Chord Anthems but gotta sell before I buy.:cool:
  15. krishen

krishen Member

Ratings:
    +8
    robster sent u a pm regading i/c anyone hav opinions of the fist ultimate an second interconnects do u think they will suit my system?
  16. recruit

recruit Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    [mod comment] any sales must go the relevant tradeing forums and none to be done via PM's.

thanks.
  17. krishen

krishen Member

Ratings:
    +8
    any1 heard the thunderline i/c how do they compare to the integration
  18. Peterkinxl5

Peterkinxl5 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I own two Thunderline Interconnects and am going to change over completly to them from my present mish-mash of QED, Technics (!!) etc cables.

IMHO the Thunderline is a truly OUTSTANDING interconnect with exceptional performance/price ratio.

It is particularly good at revealing lower midrange and bass detail though still more than good with treble and upper mid-range.

There is no treble harshness and colouration in my experience.

My only gripe is that the actual cable is fairly rigid but that is the trade-off with durability.

As advised earlier, you are best to try a set if at all possible but if my experience is anything to go by then you are in for a treat.

Thoroughly recommended!
  19. ben.bayliss

ben.bayliss Member

Ratings:
    +135
    Wow. You're all very lucky I wasn't posting when this thread started. I'm lost where to begin ;)

Well resurrected though - this thread is only 14 months old! :)
  20. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor Active Member

Ratings:
    +696
    I doubt there is ant more useful debate to happen on this thread so I'll close it here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.