Which noise cancelling wireless headphones should I get for home use with TV?

P-P-S-S

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am quite often on calls whilst the kids are watching TV and you can imagine the havoc that that causes. So I'm thinking of getting a pair of noise cancelling wireless headphones for the kids to use at home with the TV whilst i am on calls. That should keep everyone happy (assuming that i can connect two pairs to the TV at the same time).

Should I splash on the Sony WH1000XM3 or should I consider another (cheaper) brand?

Any suggestions please?

You won't be able to connect two pairs via wireless and use at the same time.
For kids use I'd use cheap wired headphones with an longish extension and you could use a 3.5mm splitter in the headphone socket.

You can connect two pairs of wireless headphones for use at the same time, via a Bluetooth transmitter. For example the Fiio BTA30 allows this. The codecs available are restricted in that you cannot use LDAC or AptXLL (AptXLL is not supported by the Sony XM3 headphones anyway).

You can use Aptx HD though and that is supported by the Sony XM3. I use both the Fiio and Sony for listening to the TV using LDAC and it's superb.

If the TV supports Bluetooth 5.0 then you should be able to connect two sets of headphones. Bluetooth 5.0 supports that.

If not then there’s various Bluetooth transmitters on Amazon that support connecting two sets of headphones.

Ideally the transmitter and headphones should support ‘aptX Low Latency’ (it should be mentioned in the Amazon listings) otherwise older flavours of Bluetooth often suffered significant audio lag when watching video sources.

I am quite often on calls whilst the kids are watching TV and you can imagine the havoc that that causes. So I'm thinking of getting a pair of noise cancelling wireless headphones for the kids to use at home with the TV whilst i am on calls. That should keep everyone happy (assuming that i can connect two pairs to the TV at the same time).

Should I splash on the Sony WH1000XM3 or should I consider another (cheaper) brand?

Any suggestions please?
Montblanc MB 01. Great sound quality, BT 5.0, aptx hd.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom