1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which AV Receiver for Linn Komponent Surround Speakers

Discussion in 'Integrated Amplifiers & Receivers' started by Gazsw, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Gazsw

Gazsw Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am looking for options for a quality Av HDMI Receiver to power Linn Komponent 5.1 speakers. Looking for something that sounds good and is simple enough to use and control with a philips pronto tsu 9600. Will be using a sim2 projector as the display. Not really got a budget, just looking for good suggestions. Thanks
  2. Passingbat

Passingbat Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,234
  3. Flam3h

Flam3h Member

Ratings:
    +83
    Just out of curiosity, do you have the 'real' komponent 5.1 or the 5.1 made up of 5x 106's (centres) and the subwoofer?.

I've purchased a yamaha receiver (RX-V1067) to go with my 5x 106's and BK XLS200 MKII Subwoofer. I purchased the Yamaha on the basis that I prefer a warmer sound (rather than bright) and the linn komponents are a neutral sounding speaker.

Due to the Linns being a high end product, I think they deserve a half decent amp to get the best out of them. :smashin:.

I can't tell you how it sounds yet as my amp is turning up tomorrow and the sub on Friday. :facepalm:
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010