Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to put my new B&W MT-60D?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying, Setup & General Help' started by chez, Feb 22, 2012.

1. chez

chez Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I'm getting my new MT-60D tomorrow and am trying to work out where I'm going to put the 5 satellites.

The speakers will be mounted on the walls

I've knocked up a rather crude drawing of the room layout and taken 2 rather terrible panorama pics of the front wall and the side/rear walls.

The side/rear wall shot is everything from one side of the main viewing sofa around the rear of the room to the other side.

I only really care about optimising the surround effect for the main sofa facing the screen.

Obviously a new TV stand is in my future and apart from that, the fronts seem fairly straightforward - one below the screen and one either side at roughly ear level (screen will be at roughly eye level), but how far out should I put each one from the screen?

As for the rears, my initial thoughts were to have the rear left above the fireplace, but that would leave the rear right either tucked between the top of the window and the ceiling or further back/forward in the room than the rear left.

My next thought was to mount them both on the rear walls (where the entrance to the kitchen is).

Any advice/guidance/tips welcomed!

Thanks
    Chez

Attached Files: