What watch do you wear? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will keep checking now that I know, cheers. Nice U Boat your selling by the way and I note that 45mm looks big on your wrist.....you lucky bugger.

Cheers. It's hard to get a photo on the wrist that shows the real size, as it looks bigger there than in real life. Still a great watch, one of my favourites in fact, but I'm expecting a delivery soon and can't keep both :smashin:

Am currently on a cruise and they have a Tag Monaco (blue) for £2700 on the ship instead of £3600 in UK but am struggling to persuade the wife it's needed unfortunately

A crap casio digital.

I don't know why but I have never liked square-shaped watch faces

blah blah blah

Last edited:
I don't wear a watch but if I did I certainly wouldn't spend anywhere near the kind of money some of the mentalists in this and the previous thread are throwing about.

Can comments like this not be banned/removed from the watch thread....?:boring:

I don't post comments in threads I have absolutely no interest in but if I did I certainly wouldn't spend anywhere near the kind of time doing it some of the mentalists in this and the previous thread are.

Back OT... I've got a lovely Sinn 756 Diapal on it's way to me, should be delivered tomorrow. Sadly, that means my Hamilton Khaki Field Auto and my U-Boat Classico AB4/A (45mm) are on their way out :(

I'm trying to keep my collection fairly sensible these days. I will have (if the U-Boat sells) the Sinn, my Omega Planet Ocean, a Seiko SKX009 and a few quartz watches that people have bought me over the years that I don't want to get rid of.

nothing too expensive but i enjoy it

attachment.php

Attachments

• 230610_10150250556610225_506755224_9119511_2776621_a.jpg
    230610_10150250556610225_506755224_9119511_2776621_a.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,752
Titanium version of a Casio Waveceptor analogue / digital watch.

It's lightweight, quite nice looking, scratch resistant, waterproof, solar powered and being radio controlled is always accurate to within 1 second.

It never needs a battery, never needs servicing, never needs setting.... only thing it needs is a few minutes of sunlight every 6 months or so.

Best £100 I ever spent on a watch.

However, I'm finding these days I leave my watch at home and use my iPhone as my timepiece... something that apparently is more and more common.

Are the days of people wearing a watch numbered?

However, I'm finding these days I leave my watch at home and use my iPhone as my timepiece... something that apparently is more and more common.

That's actually the last thing I would use my phone for. I still look at my watch to tell the time.

I always wear my watch, never leave the house without keys, wallet and watch, people I know who don't wear one never have. As for the phone replacing the watch, I don't see it happening, I have two phones with me daily and never use one to check the time.

People who never wear a watch I can understand why but I just don't think it will ever replace the watch.

I always wear my watch, never leave the house without keys, wallet and watch, people I know who don't wear one never have. As for the phone replacing the watch, I don't see it happening, I have two phones with me daily and never use one to check the time.

People who never wear a watch I can understand why but I just don't think it will ever replace the watch.

Agree'd. First thing on in the morning is my watch. Then my keys, wallet and phone before leaving for work or whatever.

I always naked without my watch on the few times i have forgotten to put it on. And, I very rarely use my phone for the time.

Nice :)

Who makes the "insides" of those watches? do they take the parts from another manufacture and re-brand it or do they use their own stuff?

not a clue tbh and never even thought about it! I just like armani stuff :laugh:

Wiki said:
Fossil, Inc. (NASDAQ: FOSL) is a designer and manufacturer of clothing and accessories, primarily watches and jewelry, but also sunglasses, wallets, handbags, belts, shoes and clothing, based in Richardson, Texas, United States. Their brands include Fossil, Relic, Abacus, Burberry, Emporio Armani, Michele Watch and Zodiac Watches.

Apparently...

No, I think there's still a market for them. They can be a bit of fashion for the wrist, especially for men. The watches don't have to be expensive - some of the cheaper Casio ones from the 1980s and early 1990s have a bit of 'retro cool' about them (or so I hear from people more in touch with young of today).

Also, people like nice things even if they're not necessary. To some people, a watch is a nice thing to have.

Some articles from the BBC concerning watches.

BBC News - Casio F-91W: The strangely ubiquitous watch

BBC News - Is time running out for the wristwatch?

Yeah, watches will never go out of fashion. I would imagine mobiles phone as portable accessories will become obsolete long before watches stop being made for wrists.

Also watches don't have to be expensive to be desirable. Have a look at some of the Invicta watches. They are stunning :)

Seiko do some nice stuff as well. You can pick up older arcturas for under £100 now and some of those look the biz. Having said that the stupid prices the old kinetic arcturas that get listed for on the bay are absolutely laughable considering they are actually a dime a dozen if you look round.

I originally wanted the moon watch but my wrist is just too skinny for it. Had this for 12 years now and wear it every day.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110528_183652.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110528_183652.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 413

I imagine that wears quite large on the wrist.

I have recently rekindled my interest in quality timepieces and, having not worn a watch for some years, am pleased that checking the time involves a small turn of the wrist and not a delve in to the pocket.

For this reason I would suggest that the wristwatch will remain.

I will always wear a watch.

Not only is it useful to obviously tell the time but with the right one it can make you as a whole look good/better.

Most people look good with some small accessories on them whether it be a watch or bracelet of some kind.

If you have a nice smart looking watch with a suit that does look good, just sort of completes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom