What was your last Blu-ray purchase? Part 6 (please read first post)

Yeah but I dont think it is better than the US release...
US- AVC, 14.96 Mbps, DTS-HD MA 5.1 3410 24-bit, BD50, extras, DNR (229 min. version) (Region Free)
IT- VC-1, 17.10 kbps , DTS-HD MA 5.1 2277 24-bit, BD50, No extras, big compression issues, new scenes in much rougher shape, both visually and aurally (Extended 250 min. version) (Region B locked)

source : List of International BDs with Better PQ, AQ, and/or More Extras - Blu-ray Forum
btw : the IT release is 1.85:1, the US release is 1.78:1

Thanks Daffie. I didn't realise there was a US version too. I'll update my wishlist :)

Preordered
Rush
Prisoners
Gravity (Steelbook)
Captain Philips (Steelbook)

Thief Criterion Blu Ray, quality film.

Attachments

• 1389645056539.jpg
    1389645056539.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 83
Just snagged

- Drive
- True Grit

The A Team
Twelve Monkeys
Role Models
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Akira

all from darrenthebear

28 Weeks Later
from Robbo72

Evil Dead (2013)
from Tesco sale, very kindly sold at cost by Wildkarrde

The A Team
Twelve Monkeys
Role Models
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Akira

all from darrenthebear

28 Weeks Later
from Robbo72

Evil Dead (2013)
from Tesco sale, very kindly sold at cost by Wildkarrde

Robocop remastered steelbook

Though I'll probably end up buying the amaray version from Amazon.com as it's just $8! So I can leave the steelbook sealed

Super- German digibook
Captain Phillips- US import
Hell Comes to Frogtown

Smallville Season 9
Riddick (US)
Rush (Steelbook)

Just got around to buying LOTR extended versions, also got Cornetto Trilogy plus Star Trek Into Darkeness.

Now all I need to do is get time to watch them all :rolleyes:

Hi, Last Vegas is now available to import early from DVDWorldUSA.com I would like to know if it is region free or not? They have it as Region A locked but I have seen other titles that they have said are locked confirmed as Region Free on other sites. I know that most other Sony titles are Region Free, I have couple of Sony imports myself, If anyone who's imported a copy of this can confirm either way that would be great. I find it odd that a new Sony title could be locked these days. Although I do know that Universal seem to have distribution rights in the UK so that could prevent it from being region free I suppose :( thanks.

Last purchase was Disney WOW: World of Wonder (2-disc) [Blu-ray]

The scan of the back cover from the bluray.com review shows it as Region A. I thought my Captain Phillips import might be region free but it was locked as well.

Aye, which is weird as Sony have it pretty much sewn up in other territories and it's out here 10th February. Not a problem, fortunately

New to this part of the forums and most of the forum in general. Just ordered the godfather trilogy on blu, never seen it :p hope to be posting in the movie part of the forum a lot more!

Lovefilm subscriber ... technically not a outright purchase ... Zero Dark Thirty and Iceman ... both above average in my scoring chart.

The scan of the back cover from the bluray.com review shows it as Region A. I thought my Captain Phillips import might be region free but it was locked as well.
Yeah I saw the last Vegas back cover but I have lots of imports that just have A on but are region free so I am none the wiser

Last edited:
I see Jurassic Park being bought quite alot here lately.
The Video quality is not being graded highly though, only 3.5/5 on bluray.com
Is it worth the purchase? Probably worth the purchase for the audio alone...

Audio on the 3D version of Jurassic Park is tweaked to be even more impressive.

I doubt that the audio of the 3D version is any different than the audio of the 2D version. Where you got that info from?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom