1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What stand or wall mount bracket should I buy for my Panasonic TX-P65VT30 Plasma?

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by Southy78, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Southy78

Southy78 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I have ordered a new TX-P65VT30 Panasonic Plasma which will be delivered at the start of February shortly after I move house. This TV is a beast, weighing in at 63kg with a stand and 56kg without the stand. The TV's dimensions without a stand are 1,570 x 956 x 60 mm (W x H x D). Budget for a stand would be no more than £500 and would allow me to put the TV where I would like in the living room. The trouble is all I see on t'internet that looks like it could house such a beast and my peripheral items are very very expensive. The other items it would need to house are an Onkyo TX-NR3009 (big and heavy), Mordaunt Short Aviano 5 centre speaker, Cambridge Audio 751BD, Sky+HD, PS3, Xbox360, Sonos ZP90 and CA Dacmagic.

Alternatively what would be the best wall mount bracket to buy, one that is plenty sturdy enough to hold the TV and allowing connection of HDMI cables to the back of the TV? I have an old Alphason stand already that is plenty big enough to hold the rest of the gubbins so this could save a lot of money but it means that I won't be able to put the TV exactly where I'd really like to.

So any and all advice would be very welcome. :D
  2. Dextur

Dextur Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,318
  3. scoobysteve

scoobysteve Member

Ratings:
    +1
  4. Southy78

Southy78 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That Zebrano unit does look awesome but I think it will be too wide for where I was hoping the TV would go. It may mean I need to go down the wall mount route.