1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What speakers do YOU have? List only, no chat!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Stuart Wright, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Alex47

Alex47 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got ATC SCM 35 - good, classy, seriously revealing, neutral floorstanders. Can recomment it. Just one thing one needs to bear in mind when buying it: these are very demanding, power-hungry speakers and you will soon find yourself dogging deep in your pocket and browsing used amps ads, trying to find some ex-mega-buck pre-power moster still in a decent condition... And then you start to realise that not all cables are born equial....etc. etc. Are they worth it? I would say yes.
  2. SSB

SSB Member

Ratings:
    +158
    I have a whole collection of Inmasig speakers. ;)
  3. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Celestion A3's. All British and damn proud of it :)

Large, imposing floorstanders with a wonderful sound and a beautiful hardwood cabinet. Give them space, wind that volume on, sit back and enjoy the ride!
  4. ScoobyDoo69

ScoobyDoo69 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    running DALI Concept 6's here. i like them a lot, and find the positioning made all the difference in terms of bass delivery and clarity. sound quality is definitely all the way up there, doesn't miss a beat, i've heard things i've never heard on some songs before.
    cheers

ScoobyDoo69
  5. Knightshade

Knightshade Member

Ratings:
    +49
    As below in signature. Only just got the LINNs but they already sound beautiful!
  6. duongtai2001

duongtai2001 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    do you have mordaunt short ms 860 .can you sell it .If yes how much .Thank you
  7. Phill1978

Phill1978 Member

Ratings:
    +89
    I have B&W CDM1se fronts which i just cant part with. for their looks or sound ((midrange is awesome)). they have fully "matured" now and there are very natural speakers. but require a high load (which even my MF XA-2 cant really deliver!!! ). Although the treble is lacking in real inner detail although they do sound very focused and 'crisp'. Im lookin for a full 5.1/6.1 setup but dont know what to do. shall i go for some brand new speakers or adapt my current setup ?? i couldnt sell the B&W`s but i have knowhere else to put them as there quite large for bookshelf speakers.

just like to point out they won european loudspeaker of the year award way back in 1998 or 1999 i think.
  8. kallenby

kallenby Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    To add my AV Setup - all made in England :thumbsup: :-

Front pair - PMC MB1
    Centre - PMC CB6
    Rears - PMC DB1
    Sub - PMC SB100 + 300W Bryston bolt-on amp.

Amps driving this lot; Bryston 14BSST (main pair) & 6BSST (the other 3 channels)

The AV Processor feeding this lot is the TagMclaren AV32DP & the source is the DVD32R + PSM Module.
  9. Pat Marcus

Pat Marcus Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Another B&W lover

Main - B&W Nautilus 804s
    Centre - Nautilus HTM2
    Sides and Rears - Nautilus SCM1s
    Sub - Nautilus ASW850

Beatifully sophisticated sound that brings tears to the eyes, in combination with a sub that is quite capable of structural damage.

My dealer has shown me pictures of the new "S" and "D" series of 2005 Nautilus products and my credit card is attempting to make a break for it.....

804s are slightly lacking in punch compared to some other £2500 main speakers but make up for it with clarity and amazing detail resolution.

Highly recommended
  10. Malky1903

Malky1903 Member

Ratings:
    +67
    Front - Kef Q4's
    Centre - Kef Q6C
    Rears - Kef Q85
    Sub - Rel Quake
  11. CDUD

CDUD Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone with space limitations should take serious look at Mirage Omnisat Micro. I tested them against KEF eggs and they knocked spots off them. Only thing to note it that because they are omni directional, they lose a little if you park them tight into corners. But I have these as rears in 6.1 and cant really fault them. Tempted to get get complete six set, but cant bring myself to get shot of my AEGIS EVO 3 fronts.
  12. stuman

stuman Member

Ratings:
    +27
    chalk me down as another b&W fan :thumbsup: , 601 s3's main and atacama nexus stands kiln dried sand filled (crazy heavy for sand :blush: ) fed through silver anniversry biwire cable from a cambridge azur 640a from a revo 7.1 soundcard. soon to be mini mac and edirol ua25 external firewire card when i clear the credit card.... :smashin:

stu, :suicide:
  13. j1mmss

j1mmss Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    hello all, forum newbie here,

noticed that none of you seem to have mentioned Crane Audio speakers, ive recently bought a 5.1 package and was well amazed. id like to know if anyone else has heard them and feels the same. cheaper than B&W and with solid alloy cabinets

Jim
  14. j1mmss

j1mmss Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    chears ian, always forget the search thingy,

well i just got a set of oceana 5 speakers and they sound incredible. most of those older posts may be refering to their last range, there site seems to have has an update and you can buy individual speakers now as well as more pretty good magazine reviews, which is what made me buy em!

who else has a set do you know?
  15. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand Active Member Assured Advertiser

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Hello all

I 'play what we sell' so to speak and currently a set of Anthony Gallo Reference 3's has me wondering if I bother turning the rest of the system on or not :)

Hopefully the matching Centre Channel and Sub Amplifier will be here and run in soon enough - the speakers have been getting used daily for about three months now and really are quite special.

The Absolute Sounds magazine (US if your not familiar) have just voted the AG Reference 3's as Product of the Year for 2004 - see http://www.theabsolutesound.com/

Best regards

Joe
  16. samjet

samjet New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    FRONT - acoustic energy 509

CENTRE - cyrus cls50

REAR - rogers db101

SUB - rel storm

well pleased :smashin:
  17. andy4758

andy4758 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought a set of Infinity Oreus speakers and am extremely please with them. Using with a denon 550 system,QED micro cable
  18. Yaka

Yaka Member

Ratings:
    +45
    just got me self 3 Antohony Gallo A'Divas for my bedroom . for £200 and 2 wallfower stands dont sound as good as me misson floor standers but i needed to space . now looking for sub any suggestions? got arounf £250 possible by end of next month
  19. T-Bone

T-Bone Member

Ratings:
    +55
    KEF Q1's for me
  20. ahin4114

ahin4114 Member

Ratings:
    +53
    Monitor Gold GR20's, Gold Centre, 3xGrfx rears (6.1) and REL Quake II sub.

Big thumbs up all round really, though might upgrade the sub soon :thumbsup:
  21. Rikizzy

Rikizzy Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I got the following in the past year (30% off retail price):

Front: Kef Q3
    Center: Kef Q9C
    Rears: Kef Q-Compact
    Sub: Cerwin Vega

I know they are not the greatest, but I'm in love with them. What a big jump from my triangle Messina's and Polk Audio center.

They are driven by a Panasonic SA-HE100, but will be replaced by, if I can ever make up mind, by a Marantz SR7500 or Cambridge Audio Azur 540R.

Love their sound, they were my first experience with imaging, soundstaging and range of sound. My cd collection suddenly had a rebirth.

P.S.: I also got a pair of Wharfedales Diamond 7.2 Anniversary limited edition for nice background music in my dining room.
  22. Moosh

Moosh Active Member

Ratings:
    +467
    Hi

I've got 7 x Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro's (with wall mounts) and 1 x Anthony Gallo MPS-150 sub. Absolutely superb! :)

Moosh
  23. Yaka

Yaka Member

Ratings:
    +45
    whats the sub like mate? i have anthony gall adiva's but they need a sub to help em
  24. dhansak79

dhansak79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Meridian DSP5200s here, they rock!
  25. Manowar68

Manowar68 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Mission 782 :smashin:
  26. HCK

HCK Member

Ratings:
    +38
    All mission set up....(apart from the sub)
    77C1 Centre
    702e's Fronts
    M7DS rears
    Yamaha SW60W (not powerful but works a treat
  27. mr_seanstanley

mr_seanstanley Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Spendor s5e. Couldn't see spendor mentioned so thought I'd add 'em.
  28. al_cooper

al_cooper Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Kef 5005 series, only had 'em a few weeks now but I love 'em!
  29. garnerdarren

garnerdarren Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Picked them up at richer sounds with a teac CRL600 sound great, very gentle un-muddy bass and crisp hi's . They retail at £60. Nice enough set up for £210. All running in well. :clap: :hiya: DG
  30. the mechanic

the mechanic Member

Ratings:
    +55
    FRONTS:- Mission M71i
    CENTRE:- Mission 75c
    SIDES :- Mission 77ds
    REARS :- Mission 70ds
    SUBS :- M&K VX4 & Jamo SW410e

In a 5 x 3 metre room.... :eek: .... Pressure loads very well, knocks things off shelves,(next door) :D

Graham.