What speakers do YOU have? List/Photos only, no chat!

Front - Mission 700
Rear - Mission 70
Centre - Mission but I do not know the number

They sound excellent

David

Originally posted by oldgrumpy
Front - Mission 700
Rear - Mission 70
Centre - Mission but I do not know the number

They sound excellent

David

I know what you mean, I love my Mission 700's to pieces!

Fantastic speakers :clap:

See signature for AV rooom.For music room I currently have a pair of B&W Signature 805's.

Cheers

gwc

Originally posted by installer09
Full B & W CDM set up
CDM 1NT'S for the front
CDM CNT centre
CDM SNT side
and 1 CDM SNT for the back speaker

And a Velodyne DD-18 which I have just bought.

Very pleased with the whole setup

Wow thats a great set up you've got there installer09

I'm using
B&W CDM 1NT Fronts
CDM CNT centre
Mission m74's surrounds ( to be replaced with CDM 1NT's)
Mission 700's surround backs (to be replaced with SNT's)
Velodyne DD12 (Subzilla)

I'm using a 3802 with POA-T3 & POA-T2 poweramps, I just love the sound that the 1nt's produce some people find them a bit bright, But to me there just sound sweet and smooth :)

I brought the sony save-835 5.1 speaker pagage last year to go with my pioneer 2011 ( 7.1 ) in 5.1 mode, i found that there was something missing in the middle frequences, the extended defernition on these pascals was most satisfactory, as was the 200watt sub, i have now supplumented this speaker package with a pair of mission M53 floor standers. the sound now, when i play action dvds is earth shattering and amasingly clear ( it should be noted that the missions took around 6 weeks to run in)

I use own design DIY speakers. Morel drive units.

For £800 in total for the front L&R I find they compete with speakers costing four times as much.

Link to them in my sig.

PS anyone who wants an own design or a diy kit built to a high standard I would be honoured to do it in my spare time for a small fee :smoke:

Stew.

my system's a bit of a mixed bag.

fronts - Acoustic Energy 109
Centre - Acoustic energy 107c
Rear - Kef 65DS
Centre Rear - Kef egg - single at the moment,hopefully not for long.
Sub - JBL HTPS300

I really like my current set-up, the JBL THX sub is amazing.

M&K K7's x 3
M&K K4's x 2
MJ Acoustics Ref 150 sub

Overall I'm delighted with this setup from a sound and WAF point of view :)

James

Skytec SKY300 Club Speaker as fronts

Skytec SKY415 as rears

Jamo J 360 as DJ monitors

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:offtopic: :clown: :laugh:

I just upgraded my speakers to Acoustic Energy Evo 3 floorstanders matched with the evo centre and 4* Eltax HT2 bi-polars as surrounds with a Moradutn Short MS309 sub to back it all up.

as below in my signature

Just finished running in my Dynaudio 5.1 system ( Denon AVR3803 )

4 x Audience 42
1 x Audience 42 Centre

Got the full package for £1000 including Dreadnoughts ! :thumbsup:

Has anyone else ever listened to these lil beauties? :smoke:

I auditioned against Quad 11s and MA Silver series, it just wasn't a fair fight IMO !

Now just need a quality power amp to do the speakers justice in 2ch mode.. :)

Oh, and Audience 42W for rear centre channel... and the new Dynaudio sub... and some "dane's dont lie" stickers for my car bumper... :zonked:

See my signature below, absolutely love the system :thumbsup:

My list:
Infinity Kappa 600
Infinity Kappa 200
Infiniky kappa Center
Infinity Kappa Sub

Plenty of bass, amazing detail.

See my signature below, just waiting to finish the room now. It's taking forever... :(

Fish

Main: Goodmans - Magnum K2's (70's big box speakers Sound Great)
(These units are currently being rebuilt and then to be used in a 2ch system in another room)
Centre: Kef Cresta centre (Sold)
Surrounds: Kef Cresta 1's

Edit:
Now have a pair of Kef Q50's as mains, and a Q95c as the centre, soon to replace the cresta's with a pair of Q15's.

Such big names, such big prices!!!! All worth it though, but I had a little surprise the other week.
Brought a cheap set of 5.1 Elta 8884's. German I think, looked good but very cheap. I got them to use with my PC, as I thought they would perform better than the usual PC speakers you get.

When they said 900 watts, they meant it..... everyone keeps asking me what they are and how much they cost, most reckon i must have paid at least £500 for the lot.

I reckon they sound fantastic, even in comparison to my main custom set-up at home (tooooo many names to mention in that set-up). But I wont tell you the real price, my little secret!! Made a few people sick though!!

If you can get them, check them out, dont be put off, give em a go, best budget set around ever i reckon.

I've got ATC SCM 35 - good, classy, seriously revealing, neutral floorstanders. Can recomment it. Just one thing one needs to bear in mind when buying it: these are very demanding, power-hungry speakers and you will soon find yourself dogging deep in your pocket and browsing used amps ads, trying to find some ex-mega-buck pre-power moster still in a decent condition... And then you start to realise that not all cables are born equial....etc. etc. Are they worth it? I would say yes.

Celestion A3's. All British and damn proud of it :)

Large, imposing floorstanders with a wonderful sound and a beautiful hardwood cabinet. Give them space, wind that volume on, sit back and enjoy the ride!

running DALI Concept 6's here. i like them a lot, and find the positioning made all the difference in terms of bass delivery and clarity. sound quality is definitely all the way up there, doesn't miss a beat, i've heard things i've never heard on some songs before.
cheers

ScoobyDoo69

As below in signature. Only just got the LINNs but they already sound beautiful!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom