What is your ISP & speed?

I just got this from the BT site:

Download speed achieved during the test was - 2323 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :3424 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2500 Kbps

Multimap actually gives the route from my house to my exchange as 3.67 miles and I'm on the edge of my exchange's coverage, so that probably explains it.

Oh well - 21CN should be coming next year. :rolleyes:

Since my BT Speedtester test on the 21st Nov, my speed appears to have gone up by 458Kbps.

:confused: although, it may have something to do with the BT iPlate thing I fitted the other day.

Download speed achieved during the test was - 2781 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :3744 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 3000 Kbps

My Speedtest.net result was 2.89Mb just now.

Alright well if you all want a laugh here you go

BUT we'll be paying something cheap knowing my dad. I think its phone and internet for £11 a month. This is carphone warehouse too

I'm currently with BT Option 3 @ £24 a month. 6meg D/L and 0.30meg U/L. This is subject to permanent traffic shaping .
I signed up with Be Value last week (12 month) as it was half price (£7.60 pcm) for unlimited download @ 7-8 meg. Would any of you know if Be enforce a 'traffic shaping' policy because i'm led to belive they don't?

Sky connect

Upto 8meg line, living 335 metres from exchange

£17 month:(

Sky connect

Upto 8meg line, living 335 metres from exchange

£17 month:(

Thats not good ,time to change isp ithink.

I'm currently with BT Option 3 @ £24 a month. 6meg D/L and 0.30meg U/L. This is subject to permanent traffic shaping .
I signed up with Be Value last week (12 month) as it was half price (£7.60 pcm) for unlimited download @ 7-8 meg. Would any of you know if Be enforce a 'traffic shaping' policy because i'm led to belive they don't?

Be Broadband is quality.

well i totalled 720gb d/l over the last 3 weeks

so no i would say BE do not shape or restrict d/l :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Tiscali 8mb unlimited £28 including line rental and all calls

Was thinking of switching to Sky, but notice that my local exchange,which is 0.5 miles away is LLU enabled for tak talk from the 4th of this month.I might hold on and see if they will offer a better (faster)package first

edit ; just checked on Bethere website, and was qouted up to 19 megs:thumbsup: , is there that much of a difference now that they have their own equipment in the exchange/

Last edited:
Tiscali 8mb unlimited £28 including line rental and all calls

Was thinking of switching to Sky, but notice that my local exchange,which is 0.5 miles away is LLU enabled for tak talk from the 4th of this month.I might hold on and see if they will offer a better (faster)package first

edit ; just checked on Bethere website, and was qouted up to 19 megs:thumbsup: , is there that much of a difference now that they have their own equipment in the exchange/

Bethere is reputed to be one of the best ISPs, Tiscrapi is one of the worst. Check your router stats to get a better idea of what your line is capable of.

I'm with Sky on their LLU max product which is pretty good, but I'd switch to be if only it was available here.

Here's my speedtest net result on sky max.:clap:

... Unfortunately it is rubbish - this speedtester is not that good and is confused by Kaspersky. My line only syncs at 6mbps. :facepalm:

Bethere is reputed to be one of the best ISPs, Tiscrapi is one of the worst. Check your router stats to get a better idea of what your line is capable of.

I'm with Sky on their LLU max product which is pretty good, but I'd switch to be if only it was available here.

Here's my speedtest net result on sky max.:clap:

... Unfortunately it is rubbish - this speedtester is not that good and is confused by Kaspersky. My line only syncs at 6mbps. :facepalm:

Does these stats tell you anything?
this is through my wireless laptop

US Trained Rate: 800 kbps
DS Trained Rate: 4672 kbps
Current US data rate during last 30 sec: 8.217 kbps
Current DS data rate during last 30 sec: 7.027 kbps
Local Line Attenuation: 22.0 dB
Remote Line Attenuation: 27.0 dB
Local SNR Margin: 10.5 dB
Remote SNR Margin: 6.0 dB
Operation Progress: 0x000000ad
State: Showtime
Rx ATTNDR: 5268000
Tx Cell Rate: 1886
Rx Cell Rate: 11018
Overall Failure: 0
PMmode: L2L3Allowed
Local ITUCountry Code: 0x0000b5ff
Auto Start: true
Whip Active: Inactive
Profile: BT
Standard: BisPlusAuto
Utopia Interface: Level1
Rx Auto Bin Adjust: Disable
Tx Attenuation: Bis_0DB
Detect Noise: Disable
Capability: A2/A2+
Coding Gain: auto
Framer Type: Type3ET

BT Option 3:

676765045.png

My ping has improved a fair bit, it used to be 36-40ms for the same server

Am hoping for FTTC in a few weeks

Does these stats tell you anything?
this is through my wireless laptop

US Trained Rate: 800 kbps
DS Trained Rate: 4672 kbps
Current US data rate during last 30 sec: 8.217 kbps
Current DS data rate during last 30 sec: 7.027 kbps
Local Line Attenuation: 22.0 dB
Remote Line Attenuation: 27.0 dB
Remote SNR Margin: 6.0 dB

Your DS sync rate looks rather poor given your attenuation is only 27dB, and at 6dB your DS noise margin is already at the minimum, so it looks like it is your line that's limiting your speed - If you've got more than one phone socket then disconnecting the ring wire may help considerably. see ::. Kitz - Improve your adsl connection speed .:: Also make sure everything connected to the phone line inc sky boxes, burglar alarms, faxes, bells etc are filtered.

Last edited:
Your DS sync rate looks rather poor given your attenuation is only 27dB, and at 6dB your DS noise margin is already at the minimum, so it looks like it is your line that's limiting your speed - If you've got more than one phone socket then disconnecting the ring wire may help considerably. see ::. Kitz - Improve your adsl connection speed .:: Also make sure everything connected to the phone line inc sky boxes, burglar alarms, faxes, bells etc are filtered.

Thanks, I have 2 extensions from my master socket. One goes into my living room, where cordless phone is connected to line, and one upstairs, where modem/router is connected.
Both of these extensions are connected internally in master socket (NTE5 A) and cables go through wall at back of socket to their location, therefore I cannot connect filters between master and extensions, but do have filters connected at extension boxes before phone and modem is plugged in.

I am assuming that is not a problem, as on phone to TT yesterday, I was told that my line was capable of 4mb/s, and I got 4.5 and 4.3 on speedtest, just 10 mins before contacting them.

I have been moved to 24mb/s speed and have been told I will get 14.7 on my line.and think that as I am currently getting what they estimate that I should, I will get around the 14 mark,

I only live 0.5 miles from exchange,which probably helps, and on my next day off, I am going to open master and extension sockets, and disconnect all wires so that only the 2 blues are connected to sockets 2 & 5.

Ok I have taken out 2 orange wires downstairs (master socket), and found that only 1 wire in extension upstairs was matching downstairs :eek:.
So I now have dark blue in terminal 2 and light blue in terminal 5, in both sides

I have now taking new reading from router page

Is this a big improvement ?

US Trained Rate: 832 kbps
DS Trained Rate: 7552 kbps
Current US data rate during last 30 sec: 0.076 kbps
Current DS data rate during last 30 sec: 0.153 kbps
Local Line Attenuation: 15.5 dB
Remote Line Attenuation: 7.0 dB
Remote SNR Margin: 12.0 dB

Last edited:
Ok I have taken out 2 orange wires downstairs (master socket), and found that only 1 wire in extension upstairs was matching downstairs :eek:.

So I now have dark blue in terminal 2 and light blue in terminal 5, in both sides

I have now taking new reading from router page

Is this a big improvement ?

US Trained Rate: 832 kbps
DS Trained Rate: 7552 kbps
Current US data rate during last 30 sec: 0.076 kbps
Current DS data rate during last 30 sec: 0.153 kbps
Local Line Attenuation: 15.5 dB
Remote Line Attenuation: 7.0 dB
Remote SNR Margin: 12.0 dB

Yep, that is now excellent - your line could probably manage the 8128 kbps maximum sync rate on adsl1 now, and I would think BE's guestimate of 19+ mbps on ADSL2+ sounds about right.

"Yep, that is now excellent - your line could probably manage the 8128 kbps maximum sync rate on adsl1 now, and I would think BE's guestimate of 19+ mbps on ADSL2+ sounds about right. "
Cheers, cant sleep due to coming of nights and so did a speed check just now and got this result

[/URL

Highest I have ever had, and I mean ever.I have signed with TT, and have been told my line will get 14.7, on a 24mb/s package.Also told that as I am going on to pro package there will be no throttling of b/with at all in evening or weekend:smashin:

Here is my new speed as from today with talktalk.

Updated ping test, now on fastpath.

Last edited:
I'm with Utility Warehouse (which shows up as Opal, which I believe is TalkTalk, on the website):

I usually get 16mb at quieter times of the day.

Earlier on today it showed my packet loss as zero.

Overall very happy. Not looking forward to moving and getting anything lower!

Last edited:
Speed is absolutely crap now :(

Tiscali must have been informed that I am moving, but didn`t notice it is with same company :facepalm:, and have throttled my connection ha ha

Last edited:
Was getting 6.7Mb down on BT21CN, my BE LLU went live today and voila!:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom