Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the differents between d8000 and d7000

Discussion in 'TV Technology: Smart TV, 3D, Ultra HD, 4K' started by djtobyward, Mar 3, 2011.

1. djtobyward

djtobyward Member

Ratings:
    +8
    hi i been on all different websites but they all say something different.. some say they are the same but just made out of other materials. others say the d7000 does not have the micro dimming technology.... can someone answer this????
  2. mray

mray Active Member

Ratings:
    +216
    They both have micro-dimming, but I've read that the D8000 has micro-dimming+, though I read today that the micro-dimming is actually the same on each model.

I think the difference, apart from the looks, will be the touch screen remote that comes with the D8000 and the number of glasses supplied.
  3. ukle

ukle Member

Ratings:
    +21
    On reports from the Samsung Forum / event state that in Europe the TV's are identical in technical specifications, its in the US where they differ. As to the glasses and remote issue, its unsure some reports from the forum say Europe's not getting the remote bundled in, while others mention the remote - its probably not included given its the 'better' sites saying its been removed. As to the glasses - pass.

Really it does seem to be do you want a clear / transparent small edge or a dark one, is the choice between the models in Europe.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  4. Polysix

Polysix Member

Ratings:
    +22
    no touch screen remote for UK/Europe or was that just a rumour?

edit > I started writing my post before UKLE posted above, not repeating on purpose.
  5. ukle

ukle Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Just been looking at all the retailers which have the D8000 for sale and EVERYONE of them mentions the touch screen remote being included. Unless they have all cocked up due to the mixed messages by Samsung, or the UK might be getting the remote included; it may end up being the rest of Europe that lacks the remote.
  6. UltiResis

UltiResis Active Member

Ratings:
    +282
    According to FlatpanelsHD the touch remote will be sold seperately to keep the cost of the TV's down. This has come from Samsung themselves.

8000 has metal finish bezel, 7000 has transparent bezel, 6500 has black.

8000 has Edge LED with Micro Dimming Plus

"Samsung D7000 is pretty much a D8000 without Micro Dimming and with a different design" according to flatpanelshd.

Hard to say who is right on any of this stuff but I hope they include a standard remote as well as the touch one.

Samsung's 2011 TV line-up - FlatpanelsHD
  7. ukle

ukle Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Thing is that report is wrong on at least one count e.g. the D7000 and D8000 on Samsung's own spec sheet are identical in Europe, including both having Micro Dimming. Here is Samsung's release including the European specifications for the TV's -

http://samsungeuforum2011.com/Common/Include/Download.asp?FileSEQ=310

The only difference between the 2 TV's is the D8000 is silver and has light effect, while the D7000 is black / transparent. They seem to be identical TV's in Europe just with a different case and (in my view) a added gimmick in the case of the D8000.
  8. UltiResis

UltiResis Active Member

Ratings:
    +282
    It would seem from that, that you could be correct and flatpanels may have some wrong info.

I don't think I would want the Samsung logo to light up personally it would annoy me and be distracting when viewing. As for the metal V's clear/rose tint/black bezel, I would like to see them in the flesh before saying which I prefer but I don't think either of them would be unattractive.

The remote if I remember last years touch screen remotes were £200 to buy separate so if that is the case this year I reckon most people would prefer to have the TV for £200 less than have a remote like that. The comments from most reviewers who have seen the remote say it is cumbersome to use for most people and only real gadget lovers who have the time to work out how to use it will want one. Might be nice to have for the internet side of things and media player etc but for basic stuff like volume and channel changing I'm not so sure. I also wonder if the remote is rechargeable or battery operated as it would eat batteries, I expect it will be USB chargeable via the TV or come with it's own wall wart.
  9. The Jamess

The Jamess New Member

Ratings:
    +51
    You can get an app from the app store on iPhone search for samsung works just as well just need the USB dongle
  10. UltiResis

UltiResis Active Member

Ratings:
    +282
    Oh yeah, apparently you can use ipad, iphone etc but the remote is likely to be cheaper if you don't own any of those things.
  11. lito2k55

lito2k55 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeh the app for the i phone is amazing, i got went for the ue40d7000 from here UE40D7000 3D LED Television

very much reccomended tv and shop
  12. WATTS

WATTS Member

Ratings:
    +54
    I have the remote app on my iPhone, it's awesome and hard work at the same time.

Where it really comes in handy though is using the qwerty keyboard on the iPhone to input information into the tv. :)
  13. Repus89

Repus89 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I would like to just clear everything up, Ukle is correct.

The only difference is the D8000 has a silver bezel and a logo that lights up (which you can switch off) and the D7000 has a black and clear bezel.

The glasses you get are the same 1 pair of SSG-3100GB (entry level)

THERE IS NO OTHER DIFFERENCE (apart from Price of course).

This comes from Samsung Training Courses, and having both items open and installed.

Cheers
  14. WATTS

WATTS Member

Ratings:
    +54
    I want the D7000 but how long until the plasma comes to the UK.
    I dont want the D8000 as the metal bezel seems a little invasive to my 3D viewing and dont like the stand.

Does anyone know whereabouts the D7000 is being sold at the moment?

I have to hope it will come to the UK!!
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  15. devastator

devastator Member

Ratings:
    +52
    You'll find this is for those in the US... except the remote bit, even they got done over on that one....

Here in the UK we get to pay extra for the D8000 just because it's got a different Bezel. Everything else is the same. Grrrrrrrr.... :suicide: Samsung must be having a laugh and counting the extra revenue they're getting for not much more effort or cost on their part.
  16. Logical

Logical Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a look at the 55" D8000 and the 46" D7000 in Sevenoaks AV

I have to say, I actually preferred the Glass to the chrome (metal?) bezel but the is a little bit more difference to the bezels than just style; 3-5mm to be exact.

the D7000's glass bezel is slightly wider and it showed but this may in part be due to than illusion as since I'm comparing a 46" D7000 against a 55" D8000 but the D8000's metallic bezel is thinner (yes, I actually measured it with my thumb!)

Either way, since the bezels on BOTH are pretty much non-existent compared to nearly all other screens, for me, I really like these new panels. The 46" D7000 is only slightly wider in Width X Height than my 40" LE40C650 and a LOT thinner in depth.

Other down-scaling include the remote, basically the old black affair as I already have with my LE40C650, not the nice shiny one you get with the C8000 series and I'm talking about the premium 55" D8000! Either that or Sevenoaks have been given the wrong remotes.

The Glasses look the same as the ones on the C8000 but I'm assured they are Bluetooth, not IR and as a result, the cross-talk ghosting issue is pretty much gone and on demo, it showed, I couldn't find ANY and I was looking for it by asking for CG demo's.

As for the Micro-Dimming vs Micro-Dimming+ debate, I'm now totally lost! When I looked at the US site, the benefits of Micro Dimming were pretty much the same but on the D8000 feature breakdown, Samsung goes into much more detail. Initially, I thought they were talking about the difference between groups of LED's and individual ones but I now gather, this is still an edge-lit display and Micro-Dimming is an LCD panel feature, not a back-lighting one. Either way, why can't Euro D8000's have the same Micro-Dimming+ tech as the US? Sounds like Samsung are trying to pull a fast one with Euro customers!

With these minor gripes aside both screens were truly fantastic and as I said, I actually preferred the D7000, even if the bezel is slightly thicker but I think, had I been comparing both 46" D7000 vs D8000, you couldn't tell the difference. If anything, I think the 7000's smoked glass bezel is somewhat less obvious than the thinner but in-yer-face chrome (bet it's plastic!) bezel on the D8000.

Hope that helps
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  17. MrGrumpie

MrGrumpie Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,688
    Anyone know when the plasmas are coming out? (specifically the 64")
  18. WATTS

WATTS Member

Ratings:
    +54
    I would like to know too, in particular the PN64D7000!

USA already have it listed on their website so why are we having to wait?

Read and write reviews for Samsung PN64D7000FFXZA
  19. Dr Spoon

Dr Spoon Member

Ratings:
    +156
    Anyone know if avforums plan to review either the 7000 or 8000 ?
  20. Critchtoff

Critchtoff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    According to dutch site nl.hardware.info D8000 has more onboard memory - 2GB vs 1,75 GB. Aside from that, both have the same hardware
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011