1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What cable to connect sub with receiver?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by adamhamilton, Mar 8, 2001.

1. adamhamilton

adamhamilton Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    What cable should I use to connect my Monitor Audio ASW110 sub to my Denon AVR-2801
    receiver?

I have gone with QED Squart for TV and QED original Bi-wire for my main speakers.

Thanks.
  2. MUD

MUD Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    HI

I GOT y/type cable FROM BETTER/cables.com WHAT A DIFFERANCE THEY HAVE MADE TO MY YAMAHA SUB I KNOW IT IS ONLY BUDGET AMP>BUT I could not belive that cables can make such a differance. I also got components video cables amazing picture quality. shipping cost CRAZY PRICE.
    MUD.
  3. jimcarney

jimcarney Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have been using {Reference MONOCRYSTAL OFC
    EXTRA HIGH DEFENITION 75ohm VIDEO AV CABLE
    at aprox £40 for approx 4ft, with a REGA VULCAN SUB connected to a DENON AVR 1800 works for me
    Jim
  4. Reiner

Reiner Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Use a standard (analog) interconnect, nothing fancy (read: expensive) I would suggest to wire up at line level.
    You do NOT need the speaker level connection as the AV amp will take care of the bass management.
  5. Mark Pitchford

Mark Pitchford Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I got an IXOS subwoofer cable from http:\\www.upgradeheaven.co.uk,cheap at £15 for 5 metres. They do different lengths as well.

Works a treat!!

Mark
  6. Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I too have used an Ixos subwoofer cable and they are very good. The twisted variety is great!
    Why not also try contacting QED, they can make you up a lead that matches you current interconnects, to whatever length you require AND believe it or not, this is not as expensive as you may think.
    I had them make up an 8m Silver Spiral lead, BARGAIN!!!!
  7. mart.stokes

mart.stokes Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I have always done what Reiner suggests but am now starting to think "eh, does the interconnect for the sub make a difference?".

Given what the Hi-fi reviewers says about interconnects in general with regards to bass then it SHOULD make a difference.

I will agree with Reiner until somebody convinces me otherwise.

Convince me!