Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What cable do I need to connect Freesat box to sat dish?

Discussion in 'Freesat Forum' started by stuartbrown21, Aug 7, 2008.

1. stuartbrown21

stuartbrown21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +316
    I know it seems like a dumb question!!

My Foxsat is the first satellite box I've owned. To connect it I just plugged in the cable that is connected to the pre-installed satellite dish which comes into my flat through a small hole in the wall - easy!!

I'm moving the Foxsat to a new house soon which also has a satellite dish installed. However, it has no wire entering the house, rather it just has a socket in the wall, so I need to connect a cable from this and attach into the Foxsat, but I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know what type of cable I require!!

I have a funny feeling that it is a coaxial cable, but aren't sure, and if so don't know if it is a special type of coaxial cable.

Can anybody tell me what I should be looking for and where I would buy one?

Cheers!!
  2. mallard

mallard Member

Ratings:
    +10
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. mallard

mallard Member

Ratings:
    +10
    ps
    if you think you may go for a PVR when they finally arrive, you'll need 2 cables. May be worth doing it just in case.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. digitl

digitl Member

Ratings:
    +57
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. stuartbrown21

stuartbrown21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +316
    Cheers for the help guys!!

Am I right in assuming that this comes simply as cable and I will need to affix connectors to either end? From having a quick look around the web it looks like we have male & female connectors. Will I require a male or female to go into the Foxsat? From memory the one on the wall is different to the Foxsat, so I guess I will need Male at one end and Female at the other.

I'll only be at this place for a few months before moving into our 'proper' new home so if possible will just buy a basic ready made cable from Asda or Comet, will then probably get a PVR once we are in the new home (and PVR's become available!!).

Many thanks
  6. Ashketchup

Ashketchup Member

Ratings:
    +28
    You'll need a male connector to go into the Foxsat's female connector. (Who needs sexual education when you've got AV education?) :rotfl:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1