1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

want to play records again, what do i need ?

Discussion in 'Hi Fi Systems & Separates' started by jtfab75, Sep 16, 2012.

1. jtfab75

jtfab75 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Hi, all I got is a computer. Will a usb turntable be OK or do I need anything else ? PS on a tight budget.

Thanks
  2. cornish

cornish Member

Ratings:
    +109
    how tight is your budget?

i've never used a usb turntable but they can be a cheap way to transfer your old lp's to a cd or mp3.... i don't know if the usb turntables allow you to play the music in real time through the computer.

the cheapest i can see is about £30 and it comes with software and it does have a phono stage built in aswell, but the ultimate reason it is cheap is obviously quality, it won't be anywhere near as good as an entry level hifi turntable.

ION PROFILE LP | USB Turntable | Richer Sounds from RS £30 was £70 so i think they are clearing them at reduced price.

i've assumed when you say tight budget, that it was very tight!
  3. jtfab75

jtfab75 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Hi, I just want it to play records not to transfer to ipods or mp3's. £100 ish is my budget , space is also tight so not much equipment can be used.

thanks for the help so far.
  4. coruja

coruja Member

Ratings:
    +114
    What other equipment do you have play music through your computer? Please give details because it is hard to give any help with such sparse information.

So far we know you have a PC and a budget of £100.
  5. jtfab75

jtfab75 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I've got a LCD TV, Sony blue ray and virgin v+ but no music equipment.thanks