Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall Bracket? Any info/insight appreciated.

Discussion in 'TV & Projector Brackets & Mounts' started by Macca10, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Macca10

Macca10 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I'm currently in the process of moving home and currently my modest LG 50" sits on a stand in our living room.

I plan on putting the TV(hopefully) on our feature wall which I'm guessing is 7ft from where we will be sitting.. Now, I've seen a lot about brackets and especially tilted brackets but my knowledge is very limited, so I thought of no better arena to seek out answers than here...

Where's the best place to look for brackets? Is there a preferred make? Do some fit LG TVs better? Should I go for tilted? How easy are they to attach to the Tv? And can you freely access the connections at the rear? Sorry for all those but one last, what's the best way to disguise the wires hanging down without cutting into the wall? I think I've seen some nifty wire disguises?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
  2. Member252055

Member252055 Active Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Hi

Best place to look for brackets is the internet! There's a lot out there and it can be confusing but once you know what you're looking for it's a little easier.

The bracket functionality depends on how high you're mounting the TV and how far away you're sitting. It can also be dependent on the TV type; LED and Plasma are less sensitive as far as viewing angle is concerned whereas older LCD screens can ghost around the edges if viewed off-angle.

If you're sitting 7" away from the TV then I recon the maximum height you want the TV is around 1.2m. The other thing to consider is whether your TV will reflect any ceiling lights in the centre of your room. If this is the case then you definitely need tilt to avoid this.

Bear in mind that a tilt bracket can always be used 'flat' anyway, it's usually the case though that tilt brackets are thicker than flat ones, so you do pay for it aesthetically.

So....what type of TV is it? How high are you planning on mounting it on the wall? Do you have any lighting which would potentially reflect on the screen?

Regards
    Graham
  3. Macca10

Macca10 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Thanks Graham for the detailed response.

It's a couple year old LG50" the exact model I can't remember untill I get home and check it..

It's seem the tilted may be the way to go but you mentioned they stick out a lot more than the flatter mounts?

I have two ceilings light at either end of a long living room, they aren't going to be on all the time as I have two free standing lamps in the corners that provide enough light. The ceiling is maybe 8ft? I'll do some measurements tonight/tomorrow to get a clearer picture.

As for brands or websites that carry a better quality bracket?

Thanks again