Wait for a KDL-HX853 later this year, or buy an HX-723 now?

ussjtrunks said:
could you please test the following image on the tv I'm looking at getting the tv and would like to know how well its uniformity is.

Grey Test Screen : http://i.imgur.com/uD2xe.jpg

One point that you might want to consider is that if you intend using the integrated stand the screen leans back 6 deg and makes overall picture darker
which is great for inky black black level however it means that you occasionally find backlight or brightness in darker transmissions has to be turned up
a bit of a double edged sword however the black level is incredible even better than my previous Samsung plasma and I suspect the the equal of the Pioneer Kuro

Could you take a picture Of the grey screen with anything if the uniformity is good I think this would be the set for me :), hoping for something better the the sammys anyway had one with 3 massive vertical stripes lol

First review of this screen and it couldn't get any better. According to trusted reviews, which i consider to be the best tech site on the web, it is there best TV they have ever reviewed.

Link below
Sony KDL-46HX853 review

azza21 said:
First review of this screen and it couldn't get any better. According to trusted reviews, which i consider to be the best tech site on the web, it is there best TV they have ever reviewed.

Link below
Sony KDL-46HX853 review

I have just had the 55HX853 delivered and installed yesterday and have spent a day with the TV

My initial thoughts are I have never seen inky blacks on any tv like it including my old Samsung plasma this replaced and even a Pioneer Kuro was only marginally better
SD content is not up to the same standard as my plasma however showing Bluray and HD content is pretty well flawless so far
I still haven't optimised my settings as I feel it needs to be run for about month before the screen stabilises

Your thoughts in helping me with settings for the tv for standard Freeview SD programmes would be appreciated if you can

3D is pretty good out of the box as well

If its this good without optimising the settings with the exception of rubbish SD feeds I can't wait to see it after its run in

I have just had the 55HX853 delivered and installed yesterday and have spent a day with the TV

My initial thoughts are I have never seen inky blacks on any tv like it including my old Samsung plasma this replaced and even a Pioneer Kuro was only marginally better
SD content is not up to the same standard as my plasma however showing Bluray and HD content is pretty well flawless so far
I still haven't optimised my settings as I feel it needs to be run for about month before the screen stabilises

Your thoughts in helping me with settings for the tv for standard Freeview SD programmes would be appreciated if you can

If its this good without optimising the settings with the exception of rubbish SD feeds I can't wait to see it after its run in

Glad your enjoying it, sounds a pretty sweet set. :smashin:

I call for an owners thread and lots of pictures. ;)

Aaron

sony 2012 review is 5 star and sony picture just looks better than panasonic plasma

Hi, i didnt think these were out until the 10th, can you tell me where you got it from, many thanks.

So is it locked at the 6 degree tilt with the stand?

Tony Roma said:
Hi, i didnt think these were out until the 10th, can you tell me where you got it from, many thanks.

Hi ordered it about a month ago from my local Sony Centre and they delivered and installed it on the 7th May

I was just as surprised as you about getting it this early as the indicated dates were after 8th May

I think I was one of the first preorders in March and they had an early allocation delivered directly to there store

Probably one of the first to get one as I read that Sony Centres would have exclusivity for a month which meant general distribution would be late May or June

Not sure if this is true however I did check with a number of retailers and they all said most likely late May or June for delivery that's when I decided to preorder from Sony Centre

Hope this info is useful

Jeebus said:
So is it locked at the 6 degree tilt with the stand?

Hi as far as I can see its locked at 6 degree tilt

Interested observation it puts the top of the screen at eye height and slightly darkens the image giving you greater contrast if you are using low sofas

Hi ordered it about a month ago from my local Sony Centre and they delivered and installed it on the 7th May

I was just as surprised as you about getting it this early as the indicated dates were after 8th May

I think I was one of the first preorders in March and they had an early allocation delivered directly to there store

Probably one of the first to get one as I read that Sony Centres would have exclusivity for a month which meant general distribution would be late May or June

Not sure if this is true however I did check with a number of retailers and they all said most likely late May or June for delivery that's when I decided to preorder from Sony Centre

Hope this info is useful

Many thanks, most retailers i have spoken to are quoting mid June :thumbsdow

Many thanks, most retailers i have spoken to are quoting mid June :thumbsdow
IF that is the date i will be thinking about asking for my money back pre-orderd this tv.Will not do business with Sony Centres laughed when i asked them to price match,if Sony really don't want sells unless via Sony Centre then time to consider other options,what is the point of the 10th launch date if not immediately available for purchase,it is already being supplied by Sony Centers,so what is the point of with holding stock to other retailers,no wonder they are losing billions,when you have to jump through hoops to purchase a tv.

IF that is the date i will be thinking about asking for my money back pre-orderd this tv.Will not do business with Sony Centres laughed when i asked them to price match,if Sony really don't want sells unless via Sony Centre then time to consider other options,what is the point of the 10th launch date if not immediately available for purchase,it is already being supplied by Sony Centers,so what is the point of with holding stock to other retailers,no wonder they are losing billions,when you have to jump through hoops to purchase a tv.

Agreed ridiculous, however I want this tv just hope I don't have to wait long, but I don't to buy from sony if they are not offering the 5 year deal. just hoping john lewis get them soon.

Tony Roma said:
Many thanks, most retailers i have spoken to are quoting mid June :thumbsdow[/QUOT

Hi Tony just a comment about the TV

My whole background is about Pioneer and Samsung plasmas for years this is my first LED

The only reason I decided on the Sony was the black levels on this TV are exceptional out of the box

In my opinion the equal of the KURO

Just for that reason alone I would recommend the Sony

No other i have seen other than the B&O Beovision 7-55 LED gets close to this and this TV is over £16k

Tony Roma said:
Many thanks, most retailers i have spoken to are quoting mid June :thumbsdow[/QUOT

Hi Tony just a comment about the TV

My whole background is about Pioneer and Samsung plasmas for years this is my first LED

The only reason I decided on the Sony was the black levels on this TV are exceptional out of the box

In my opinion the equal of the KURO

Just for that reason alone I would recommend the Sony

No other i have seen other than the B&O Beovision 7-55 LED gets close to this and this TV is over £16k

Thanks Mike thats good to hear, cant wait to get one. :smashin:

Link below
Sony KDL-46HX853 review

They havent provided a huge (any) amount ot technical info to back up their opinon unfortunately.

They havent provided a huge (any) amount ot technical info to back up their opinon unfortunately.

It seems to be the general consensus though regarding this set. The more happy owners that keep appearing and the 3 reviews i have read now all say similar things.

Be interesting to see how the upcoming review here on Avforums turns out.

Mike can you hear me? :hiya:

Aaron

HaRd2BeAr said:
It seems to be the general consensus though regarding this set. The more happy owners that keep appearing and the 3 reviews i have read now all say similar things.

Aaron

Hi Aaron will try to do a review over the next couple of days and post here

Is there any particular area you would like me to test for defences or concerns

Mike

mikemg said:

Mike

Typo should say deficiencies not defences

HaRd2BeAr said:

Aaron

Is it on the AV forums coming soon list?

@Mike

Which pioneer did you have previously?

Mike

Hi Mike.

Just your general opinion tbh and how happy your are with the set.

Don't go looking for faults like i would do, it hasn't got me anywhere. :laugh:

To summarize, Black levels, motion, how effective the local dimming is. Also be interesting to hear about this new Motion Flow Pulse setting compared to Clear.

Regarding picture if you get time, i know you can't take pictures to show the quality of the screen because i would then be viewing them through my TN panel lcd monitor. But some pictures of your setup, the silver trim/bezel and some other miscellaneous shots as i wont be able to see one for a while.

Cheers. :)

Aaron

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom