Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VU+ Duo dor Dreambox 8000?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV Forum' started by Deano@Dublin, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Deano@Dublin

Deano@Dublin Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I currently have a DM800 and looking to get something with a dual tuner. I also find watching and recording HD at the same time can give poor performance with plenty of blocking.

I've been told that the processor in the DM8000 and VU+ Duo are faster then the DM800 so this should solve my problem. Has anyone got much experience with either?

I've a triax motorised dish to run from this as well. Thanks :smashin:
  2. bri.s

bri.s Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I have the Vu+ duo and it is a great machine, half the price of the DM8000 which I don't have but apparently is also a great machine with more features. Whether the extra features are worth the extra £400 + is for you to decide. You could also pick up the DM8000 in clone version for the price of the Duo which I think will be my next purchase.
  3. ABARKIE

ABARKIE Member

Ratings:
    +60
    Hi

So to cloud the choice further - Vu Duo or Clone 8000?

Thoughts please
  4. lovelldr

lovelldr Member

Ratings:
    +151
    Out of those options, I'd buy the vu duo... Not worth the risk of having problems with the 8000 as a clone. I've heard they're better than the 800 clones... But still wouldn't want to attempt it
  5. bri.s

bri.s Member

Ratings:
    +29
    If I had the choice again I would still buy the Vu+ duo over the clone,I don't really see anything in the 8000 that I would need over the Duo. The fact that it is original v clone is what would sway me to the Duo. I will however in the next few months get a clone 8000 to replace the 800, I would love to buy an original 8000 but tbh that is a crazy price and would not encourage dream multimedia with their rip of prices.
  6. ABARKIE

ABARKIE Member

Ratings:
    +60
    Hi

Well I am not paying - Its a present for me

Clone 8000 £359 or Vu+ Duo - circa £375

Quite like the thought of a clone 8000, but think about the risks, so I guess its a Duo to get

Thanks
  7. Neophasis

Neophasis Member

Ratings:
    +20
    A clone is sooo cheap, if you can't afford the original don't buy one at all.
  8. bri.s

bri.s Member

Ratings:
    +29
    Tbh your opinion on anything dream related doesn't count, because everyone knows of your bias against them.
    Having read a bit more into the clone 8000 I am looking forward to having the money to buy one when I can.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. saif kahn

saif kahn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i have just bought a dream box 500s for good money and its got all the channels on it working for free the guy connected it with my internet modem, i wanted to find out what did he do with that dream box to make all sky pp channels like sky sports and all others come free? help me out please thanks
  10. bri.s

bri.s Member

Ratings:
    +29
    What he did cannot be discussed here.
  11. saif kahn

saif kahn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well is there any way in which i can discuss this privately through email or phone? thanks..
  12. thfccambs

thfccambs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,439

I have both and if your looking for just the 2 tuners go for the VU+ Duo, for the £ is an excellent sat box. I prefer my DM8000 as i need more then 2 tuners and HD download play backs perfect.:thumbsup: For £1000 the DM is well over priced though.