1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vita for £99 if trade in a 3DS

Discussion in 'DS, DSi & 3DS' started by oasismark, Jan 31, 2012.

1. oasismark

oasismark Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,839
  2. gwyper

gwyper Active Member

Ratings:
    +140
    What a bum deal!

If Sony had a history of amazing handhelds then possibly but given their history not a chance.

Nintendo are the kings of handheld.
  3. FATFINGERS73

FATFINGERS73 Member

Ratings:
    +128
    I'm trading in my 3DS for the Vita.

As much as I like MK7 I think it needs a bigger screen, and I'm dissapointed with the 2nd analogue after thought.

I'd rather get £130 for my 3DS now (which is more than I paid), and wait for the inevitable 3DS XL with dual analogues.

My 2 cents :)
  4. WolfCarnage77

WolfCarnage77 Member

Ratings:
    +83
    Hmmm......that's got me tempted. Seeing as the Missus got me the 3DS as an Xmas gift though, she'd have my guts for garters
  5. lpoolm

lpoolm Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Love my 3ds now cos of mario but managed to buy another 3ds off eBay for £90 so will be trading that in towards my vita!:thumbsup:
  6. Sunshinewelly

Sunshinewelly Active Member

Ratings:
    +244
    i actually quite like the add on pro pad - I am 6 foot 3 and found the 3DS very difficult to hold - the circle pad whilst looking like a dogs dinner makes the experience much better for me.

I am keeping mine and will order the VITA as well

Game is also doing a trade in of £130 but Game is in trouble
  7. Kube

Kube Member

Ratings:
    +372
    There's no way I would trade my Ambassador 3DS for £130. Plus the 3DS is hitting its stride now with games, Tales of the Abyss is brilliant.
  8. CAS FAN

CAS FAN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,918
    Same. I'm really enjoying the 3ds now. There's some great games coming out on it and I'm loving all the NES and GBA games through the ambassador program. Isn't there some other games coming via the ambassador program as well.

Personally I think it's a great little handheld. My only gripe is that my hands are a bit cramped on it. Just played through Starfox and my hands are killing lol.
  9. Kube

Kube Member

Ratings:
    +372
    I find using the circle pad pro as an extender works brilliantly for me.
  10. jalaldevil

jalaldevil Active Member

Ratings:
    +957
    Thats quite a fair price, considering 3DS is retailing £115 new.
  11. CAS FAN

Ratings:
    +2,918
    Will have to give that a go.
  12. ursine benn

ursine benn Member

Ratings:
    +38
    I tried to like the psp, but as with the vita it's just a cut version of their current console, rather than something entirely new like the DS was or the 3ds is now
  13. replay

replay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I want a PSP, if only for some of its RPGs...
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  14. sid77

sid77 Member

Ratings:
    +26
    Nothing on the Vita I can't get on my PS3. 3DS has come into it's own lately and is really beginning to pick up speed now.
  15. ursine benn

ursine benn Member

Ratings:
    +38
    The reason I'm sticking with the 3ds.
  16. splinters69

splinters69 Active Member

Ratings:
    +484
    £99 for the console is only the start of an expensive set up. Uncharted and a 16GB memory card could cost upwards of £100!!
  17. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,441
    Well around £75 depending on where you buy from.
  18. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,441
    Quoted my own post.

I've pre ordered a vita with morrisons and going to get a few games as well! :rotfl:
    I should never have said I wasn't interested in it as that's got me interested. :)
    Still keeping my 3DS though. I won't get rid of it as there's still plenty to look forward to.
  19. ursine benn

ursine benn Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Each to their own, and despite me owning a ps3 I have never felt so strongly that something is going to fail than I do the Vita. Not that I think it's a bad piece of kit, just that taking in to account the current economy and how people are spending, this handheld falls so wide if the mark it's ridiculous.
  20. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,441
    It wouldn't surprise me if your right mate. Besides obviously liking the look of it, I'm purely getting one because I came into a little bit of cash. Otherwise I would of had to go down the 3DS trade in route which I didn't want to do as I love my 3DS.

At the end of the day I'm a gadget freak, I'm terrible when it comes to switching phones (about 3-4 times a year)
  21. CAS FAN

Ratings:
    +2,918
    To be honest the Vita is a pretty high end piece of kit and actually devices aimed at that market are doing well at the moment. Just look at the success of the ipad/iphone for example. Sure those people who are struggling on the breadline are not going to buy one but there are plenty of folk out there just waiting to drop some more cash on the latest gadget.

I'm also pretty sure that once the early adopters have been mopped up they will drop the price to attack the mass market. There is a huge battle between the likes of MS, Apple, Sony, Sky etc. to get us to sign up to their services and those companies make much more out of us using their services than buying their products. Devices like the Vita etc. Are therefore sold relatively cheaply as loss leaders.
  22. anil2

anil2 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Can i trade any 3DS? Blue, Black or Red?
  23. Flawed Tactics

Flawed Tactics Member

Ratings:
    +20
    I've just bought a 3DS & Resident Evil Revelations, and very impressed with what the 3DS can do. Before seeing RE:R on the 3DS for myself, I was thinking buy, play, trade for the Vita but now I'm moving away from that idea.

Apart from Uncharted and the connectivity with the PS3 the Vita hasn't got much appeal just now. Will probably give the Vita 12 months to see how it develops, its certainly got lots of potential, I want to see what 3rd party developers are going to be doing and how much support the Vita gets from the industry.
  24. CAS FAN

Ratings:
    +2,918
    Yeah to be honest I would never trade in my 3ds. I was a bit underwhelmed with it at first but have been using it more and more recently. I've actually downloaded a fair bit of wiiware and have all of the games from the Ambassador program so have always got loads of stuff at hand to play. I loved the RE demo and was impressed by the quality of it so will probably get that and Mario Kart. I loved Starfox as well, which I felt transferred really well to the 3ds. Further to this, I absolutely love MGS games so MGS 3d is looking very appealing as well.

I'm also not sure regarding the Vita. The gadget geek in me says just buy the damn thing but I've really just started to love the 3ds and if I'm honest I'm just not really blown away by the games on it at the moment. There's certainly a lot of choice for a console launch but there's just nothing that's really shouting for me to buy it where as there's probably 5 or 6 games on the 3ds that I'd buy before any of the PSV releases.

The PSV certainly looks like an accomplished piece of hardware but like you I think I'm going to wait a bit to see how it goes.
  25. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,441
    The gadget geek in me has struck hard so caved and pre ordered a vita last week. Very impressed with what I've seen so far and there's a few games I want at launch so plenty to get my teeth into.

I won't sell my 3DS though. It's got enough decent games and with owning both I can get the best of both worlds. I'm on the last level of resi revelations and found the whole game fantastic. A great mix of old school resi and nice new features.

So after the initially novelty of the vita wears off I can then alternate between the two and just go for which titles interest me at that particular time.
    I do agree though if nothing takes your fancy then I'd certainly hold off buying one. I wasn't interested at all up until a couple of weeks ago and actually only thought there were around 10 launch titles. :facepalm:

So the geek in me started reading up then I caved and pre ordered one with 3 games. Arrrghhhh must have new kit!!!
  26. MrSwamp13

MrSwamp13 Member

Ratings:
    +46
  27. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,149
    The Vita sold in Japan 322,488 in it's launch week, and then dropped to 74,104 Christmas week, then down every week until now, at around 14,400 units.

The 3DS sold more, at 372,281 during the Vita's launch week, and 497,223 the Christmas week, and has way oversold the Vita every week.
    And the 3DS even with it's lacklustre launch titles, it sold 374,164 at launch, then 208,479, then 100,000 or so, and pretty much kept on selling, dropping mid-year, then picking up again, and last week sold 211,326.

From watching the sales figures, and the charts dominated in Japan with 3DS, PS3, PSP, and Wii titles, I get the feeling the Vita unless it comes out with something amazing, will be a western market device, as Sony so far seem to be stumbling in their home territory.

They need to pick up to get the likes of Capcom and other Japanese devs onboard, and keep them there, otherwise I feel it may just be the console of ports, and relying on remote play/cross play too much.

Lets hope it changes next week and the week after when the Euro/US sales for the Vita come out.
    I'm getting one, so that's at least 1 sale over here.. :laugh:
  28. MrSwamp13

MrSwamp13 Member

Ratings:
    +46
    Had a play on a Vita yesterday and was really impressed with it build quality and how it feel in the hand. The screen and position of the controls were also very good for me, screen was excellent and the demos that I played looked amazing (Fifa and Wipeout). Now for the negatives, I didn't like the loading times which were around a minute on Wipeout, the whole thing was a giant fingerprint magnet.
    Would personally say that it's a bit to large for my liking and needs to be priced around £180 to stand a chance of doing well in the present financial climate.
    Would have one in a blink as I like most people on the forum am a gadget freak, but sadly could see it being left in the drawer for weeks at a time.
    Just my thoughts after having a play on this amazing piece of kit.
  29. WolfCarnage77

WolfCarnage77 Member

Ratings:
    +83
    I too had a play today in Game. Played Ridge Racer. Those little sticks are ......... Little. Worked ok for me though. I'm not sure it seems "all that" at the moment enough for me to want one. I'd like to play a COD game on it to really see how it feels.

Think I'll wait a year until the SH market is flooded with them.
  30. MrSwamp13

MrSwamp13 Member

Ratings:
    +46
    I think there's only one way to sort this out "FIGHT" in TV Burp style lol
    • Thanks Thanks x 1