Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtual IR Blaster Software

Discussion in 'Windows' started by taffowl, Nov 3, 2008.

1. taffowl

taffowl Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Apologies if this has already been posted but after searching for hours on the net i'm sure this may be useful to somebody.

Anyway, my problem was that I wanted to backup some programs from my full skyhd box using my existing avermedia tuner card. The setup was straightforward using Vista MCE and the analogue input of my tuner card, however the picture was a bit shoddy. The tuner also has a built in svideo input which produces a much cleaner picture which I wanted to use. The main problem I had though was that I found it impossible to setup the svideo sky input within MCE, I kept getting the message "Ir Hardware not found" which was obviously linked to that fact I didn't have a remote and ir blaster.

I tried several software workarounds but all failed.. I then stumbled across the following website: HAVA • View topic - Vista MCE "Virtual" IR blaster

This forum page has a link to download a "Virtual Ir Blaster" driver. It apparently only works with 32 bit version of Vista which luckily I have but works a treat and saved me from forking out for a remote and ir blaster. Obviously most people already have the remote and driver but i'm sure like me some people simply want to use MCE to backup the odd program from sky without having a dedicated MCE box with remote e.t.c

anyway hope it helps some people.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. jimbob19

jimbob19 Member

Ratings:
    +47
    I tried this on mine (Vista 32 bit mce ) but still got same error unfortunately :(