1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virgin Tivo Yamaha 1065 code.

Discussion in 'Remote Controls' started by owais2k, Feb 29, 2012.

1. owais2k

owais2k Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys, has any one got their Tivo remote to control the Amps volume?.

I already have a harmony one, but do not wants kids to use it.

Thanks.
  2. PulsarPilot

PulsarPilot Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I'd be interested as well, as I could never get my V+ remote to control my RX3800.
  3. owais2k

owais2k Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Any body in the avforum universe control Amp with cable remote.
  4. Cyril

Cyril Member

Ratings:
    +42
    I control my onkyo AV amp volume with the Virgin TiVo remote. However, it seems you might need a later version of the remote hardware, as my older Virgin TiVo remote won't work with the onkyo.

If your kids have an iPhone/ipod touch./ipad and your amp has IP control (a lot of the newer yamaha's do) they can control the Virgin TiVo and amp using an app like roomie using wifi.

obviously you will need to turn on the network settings on your TiVo and connect it to your wi-fi network.
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
  5. RJC101

RJC101 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I found a quite handy article on the Virgin Media website, as all the codes I had didn't work. Now have the Volume and Mute on the Virgin Tivo working a treat on my Marantz amp...

How do I customise my TiVo remote to control my AV devices?

It only supports the Volume and Mute, better than nothing.
  6. owais2k

owais2k Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Thanks for the info.

I used the guide mentioned in the last post. No codes work, but when I do the search the amp volume is controlled only problem. I can not save the setting.

I.must be doing aomething wrong. will persevere because remote controlled volume.

Thasks for your reply !
  7. owais2k

owais2k Member

Ratings:
    +1
    first reset TiVo remote (by holding 'Clear' and 'TV' until two LED blinks, then press the red thumbs down button three times followed by OK then wait for the four LED blinks to confirm the reset)***Next, hold both 'Clear' and 'Vol Up' until the LED blinks twice.*Enter 0163 and press OK. The LED should blink twice. (don't worry if it doesn't blink as proccess still worked for me.*Then press and hold both 'Clear' and 'Vol Up' until the LED blinks twice (just like before).*Then enter 1999 and start your code search by holding 'Ch Up' (the LED blinks once for every code sent)*until your AV device mutes. Now press OK to save the code.*You should now find that your remote has indeed saved the code and your TiVo remote should now be operating your Vol Up, Down and Mute on your receiver.*I don't know why it works this way but it does work and thats all we want!
  8. owais2k

owais2k Member

Ratings:
    +1
    This works! Yamaha amp volume is now controlled.

All.I wanted.:)

Happy Days.
  9. PH001

PH001 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Genius, works perfectly to control my RX-A2020. Thanks!