1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virgin internet down?

Discussion in 'Virgin Media Broadband' started by Phill_1981, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Laubi02

Laubi02 Active Member

Ratings:
    +246
    Ahhh can aajyone please help? I haven't been able to get on internet past 2 days via router. The host pc works ok but real slow, did a speed test and ping was about 423!! Dl speed 5mbps ish and ul speed was 0.90mbps

I can't connect to the router with any of my devices, on my phone, it appears for one second then disappears. Is this due to the poor broadband or is it pc or router related?
  2. Badger0-0

Badger0-0 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,008
    Phone 150 (if you have a Virgin line) and they'll sort you out.

There's way too many things it could be and it'll take ages to sort out via a forum.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Garrett

Garrett Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,389
    I'm getting fed up with Virgin A few weeks back I was loosing my connection for 5 days then since then they I been loosing connections every Monday. Ive contacted them by phone in the past and every time they make out its my computer and have spent over a hour sometimes them telling me to try this, that and the other, and having to repeatedly asked them to repeat what there saying as I cant tell what there saying.
    I then give up on them and miraculously the day after with me doing nothing the connections stable and have no problems for ages.
    With the latest problem today I decided to e-mail them when the net came back online and found of all people you cant e-mail them. This is a provider that provides e-mail yet don't have a e-mail service to contact them.:eek:
  4. Badger0-0

Badger0-0 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,008
    Yes they do Garrett :)

https://help.virginmedia.com/system...VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable&CMD=ESCALATION_REQUEST

Hover over "fault with your service", hit the relevant bar, then down the page hit "I want to make a complaint". You'll see "next" come up at the bottom. Hit that and the next page gives an E-mail option at the top and you fill the form in :smashin:
  5. Garrett

Garrett Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,389
    Got thought then although after filling in the form with details and writing a letter the connection went down again:mad:

I was looking on there forum though and some one wrote in and said why was he going round in circles and could not e-mail them and was told I assumed but someone there of all thing e-mail was not secure and gave them a address to write to to complain.
  6. Laubi02

Laubi02 Active Member

Ratings:
    +246
    not strictly about connection, but wondered if anyone else have this problem?

i tried to run virgin security but said i needed to log on. found out that i dont have an online account (Well, they say my emails/usernames not virginmedia.com0) so i clicked on the button to start a new one. Fill every part of the form but then always fails and says im missing some information

i have a feeling on the vigin email account section (with the "desire email address) theres a form to be filled but theres nothing on my screen - tried with pc and laptop

https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/username
  7. Matt_C

Matt_C Active Member

Ratings:
    +764
    Ok, maybe a stupid question, but have any of you unplugged the modem/router/superhub and left it for a min, then plugged it back in?
  8. drummerjohn

drummerjohn Member

Ratings:
    +164
    Yes - a few times.

In doing so it wiped my IP\MAC address filters. Same if you do a reset. I reported it VM.

That's why I only use the Superblub in modem only mode.
  9. LouieBH

LouieBH Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this happened to me for most part of last week i gave em a good shouting down
  10. Dony

Dony Active Member

Ratings:
    +2,717
    I've had a problem for the last few days with speeds slowing right down to a crawl.

Just ran a speedtest....read it and weep!!

[​IMG]

Normally I get a massive 1mb :rolleyes:
    Called Virgin today and they need to do a line check. Can anyone help me with this....do I remove the face-plate of the main telephone line and connect the ethernet cable directly into something behind the plate? I think that's what I was asked to do. What do I do next?
    My phone connections are awkward to get at, so I want to know what I'm doing before calling the help desk back.
  11. cb1167

cb1167 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried going in to your Superhub settings and selecting the option to manually select wireless channel. The auto seek option is awful. I set mine to channel 6 but you might need to experiment a bit. My speed was similar to yours when I joined Virgin. I changed the above setting and all is well now, getting about 30mbps on wireless, which I'm happy with.