VIDEO: Panasonic ZT60 - THE Kuro Killer

Shame then that it looks like Panasonic are going to stop making plasma TV, according to some reports I read today anyway.

If you are both satisfied with plasma then that's fine by me but at least let others have their say without the usual petty personal comments :(

that piffle he posted above about the Klein

Stuff the Klein meter, it's just a bit of test gear and it can't change the fact that the performance of the human eye is way better than any consumer TV and this is why manufacturers strive every year to try and make a better display :)

I think all flat panel TVs have been poor up to now and I'm not alone in this view. Maybe the ZT60 will be a decent step up from the Kuro but I think the consumer is ready for something a LOT better than plasma.

Hopefully OLED will be the first step.

If you are both satisfied with plasma then that's fine by me but at least let others have their say without the usual petty personal comments :(

Stuff the Klein meter, it's just a bit of test gear and it can't change the fact that the performance of the human eye is way better than any consumer TV and this is why manufacturers strive every year to try and make a better display :)

I think all flat panel TVs have been poor up to now and I'm not alone in this view. Maybe the ZT60 will be a decent step up from the Kuro but I think the consumer is ready for something a LOT better than plasma.

Hopefully OLED will be the first step.

What if oled doesn't live up to your expectations?

Will you keep using your crt until someone invents a holodeck?

Live in the now man!

Nothing is perfect, so find something that best meets your requirements and enjoy for now. Once the next best thing is out (oled will be 3+ years before it hits c. £3K) use AVF classifieds and move on like the rest of us AV nuts on here :)

TVs are like PC's. You just gotta bite the bullet otherwise you will wait forever to buy one!

What will be interesting in 4 years time will we be posting on a thread called "OLED ZT60 Killer?" Or one called "OLED Finally a Kuro Killer?"

Hi Bob
I do have a plasma TV and I've had it for about 4 years.

What if oled doesn't live up to your expectations?

Then I'll give an honest criticism of it :)

Chelsea_Fan said:
Hi Bob
I do have a plasma TV and I've had it for about 4 years.

Then I'll give an honest criticism of it :)

Haha.... I'm just worried that my pioneer dies at a weird time and then I'm in limbo.... Buy a replacement plasma or wait for oled to get cheaper by buying something off AVF to tie me over :)

Agree, especially when its likely to drop below 4k. 4K is still very new and will cost a fair bit for a few years yet.

Maybe not if the chinese brands flood the market at cut price as has been predicted, that would be interesting. 58" Hisense for $2000

Last edited:
What will be interesting in 4 years time will we be posting on a thread called "OLED ZT60 Killer?" Or one called "OLED Finally a Kuro Killer?"

Nahh by then it'll be 120" holographic retina screen; the 4k oled killer :D

Nahh by then it'll be 120" holographic retina screen; the 4k oled killer :D

Old hat, 12k will be streamed witelessly direct to your visual cortex.:cool::laugh:

Scooby2000 said:
Is it calibrated?:laugh:

It is but he has magenta blobs lol

i regularly get dfc, brightness pops and image retension in my visual cortex but thats probably down to the Stella ! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom