VIDEO: Panasonic GT50 and VT50 3D Plasma TVs Launched

Remember these details are only 100% good for the North American market. I would be surprised if there was no 42" for the UK and Europe.

Any news on which bugs have been ironed out,if you can kindly find out please. I'm sure it will put many minds at ease on hear asnd the public.

Any news on which bugs have been ironed out,if you can kindly find out please. I'm sure it will put many minds at ease on hear asnd the public.

Sorry, no chance of finding that out at CES.

Any chance you guys can check whether the panas still have fans to keep them "cool"?
I hate those :thumbsdow

See some photos posted on the ST30 owners thread from Engadget and looks like they still have fans:(

can you find out if this years model will be any quieter than last year? i had to return my 42gt30 because the fans were too loud. : ( does mean im looking for a new 1 tho : )

If someone like me with 4 year old Panasonic plasma would like to upgrade, is there any reason why i must upgrade? My plasma has no fans, blacks have not degraded and works fine. Would PQ be any better than before?

If someone like me with 4 year old Panasonic plasma would like to upgrade, is there any reason why i must upgrade? My plasma has no fans, blacks have not degraded and works fine. Would PQ be any better than before?

I have HD ready Pana PX80 as well and looking to upgrade this summer, when my set will be exactly 4 years old.:). Like you I don't have any problems at the moment with it but I could do with full HD resolution and better blacks and brighter image.

Pana plasma would be too expensive, especially the top models, so would look at Sammy 8 series plasma, and if it's better than last years offering, which I think would be, then no way I would pay extra for a Pana plasma and buy the samsung set!:cool: I think due to the succes of Sammy D8000 last year, Pana has been forced to do better and this years models could a big improvement over last years.:rolleyes:

To Maharaja

I read your post and thinking thet it was me.I have plasma like you and thinking like you.

Also, do we know that a EU model will be the same as the US model? Or will there setting restrictions and power regulation?

I also have the PX60 and I'm going to upgrade this year.

I'm happy with the PX60 but I want a better black level, more gradations and a 65 Inch screen. Thing is, I'm not going to pay through the nose for it. If it isn't price competitive with the Samsung, I'll be buying that.

Will there be a 50" G50 for European market?

I want one, but I have zero interest in 3D.

I very much doubt they will be doing a 2012 2D only models this year after they stated this will be year of 3d and well they are shoving 3d down our throats at an incredible rate.

For me I have zero interest in 3D but would I buy a 50VT50 hell yeah and the 3D glasses would remain in the box.

Not happy about paying extra for something I don't want, wont use and don't like.

I was holding off buying a 50" G30 in the hope there would be a 50" G50.

Oh well. :(

Not happy about paying extra for something I don't want, wont use and don't like.

I was holding off buying a 50" G30 in the hope there would be a 50" G50.

Oh well. :(

I know what you're saying, but how many electronic entertainment goods these days do exactly what you want/need and nothing more? Even when you buy a car, chances are it will have one or more features you are not going to use, but you're still paying for it. If it has more features (3D, youtube, facebook, skype etc.), it may have wider appeal, and hopefully that will spell larger volumes and lower prices. At least that would be the ideal scenario ;)

I am not really interested in 3D either, but if a panel has all that is neccessary to support it, the manufacturer would be silly to disable it. Besides, if all TVs but one in the 2012 range have 3D, it would be difficult to talk about "paying extra" for it...

Last edited:
When Panasonic announce the EU models then we will have a better understanding of models and hopefully pricing as well so we can see if they will offer 2d only versions of their new plasma range.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom