Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

velux integra io-homecontrol integration options?

Discussion in 'Home Automation, Lighting, Security & Climate' started by kotlewm, Jul 25, 2009.

1. kotlewm

kotlewm Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

We are planning an extension on our property to provide a 40m2 kitchen / dining / family room. This will have an open ceiling, with automated velux integra roof lights.

One corner of the room will have a small AV system, which I currently control using a logitech harmony. I will also require a lighting controller/dimmer system to control up to 6 channels of lighting. ( Something like a Lutron grafikeye. ), and possibly 1 channel of curtain or blinds for the bifold patio doors.

What I am struggling with is how I can integrate the RF IO-HOMECONTROL Velux windows. I am not aware of any multi-standard remotes that will provide IR & IO-Homecontrol from one unit. Looking at the IO-HOMECONTROL website it would appear that Niko.be are part of the consortium, but this does not appear to be a common choice in the UK. I've had a browse through Niko's website, and there approach appears very modular with separate dimmers, and controllers which I imagine may end up being quite expensive.

Any advice gratefully received as to how to integrate the velux into a simple ( & inexpensive ) lighting/av system.
  2. neilball

neilball Active Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this as there are no simple IO-homecontrol to IR gateways that would make integration with AV simple. You could ask Velux if they have any controllers that allow external switches to be connected which then send the commands wirelessly to your Velux units. If they do you then need an IR-controlled relay so that your Harmony can send IR to the relay unit which in turn switches inputs on the Velux controller which then controls your windows/blinds. not the most elegant solution but proably the most practical and lowest cost (although not necessarily cheap).
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. kotlewm

kotlewm Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Neil,

I think I'll pay a visit to Velux to see what they can offer, they are close to me in Glenrothes. I'll report back with my findings.

Cheers