1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB Record on LG LCD TV?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by MCMLXXIII, Jan 24, 2011.

1. MCMLXXIII

MCMLXXIII Member

Ratings:
    +58
    Hi

My LD490 has a usb on the side from which I can view most media,
    as the Freeview HD already has a timer built into the EPG I would like to ask /suggest if it's possible via a firmware upgrade to turn the USB into a recording function?

Thanks
  2. J4CK DANIELS

J4CK DANIELS Member

Ratings:
    +241
    fraid not, not on 2010 products, At CES it was rumored that SOME 2011 products (maybe only for the U.S and Korea?) will have that feature though! bring it to the UK pleeeeease!! (don't other TV's support this function? Pana, Samsung etc..) :thumbsdow
  3. MCMLXXIII

MCMLXXIII Member

Ratings:
    +58
    The eye of thundera hasn't brought good news.:D:(

I thought if they wanted to at least then it could in theory be enabled.
  4. J4CK DANIELS

J4CK DANIELS Member

Ratings:
    +241
    me too, i've been through the service menu 100 times and can't find anything!!
  5. tintin82

tintin82 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a the ld490. Works great. It wasn't my first choice as was looking for something with 100hz refresh rate but wasn't in when I went to get it. Got this instead and had loads of other features to compensate so couldn't leave empty handy.

Have to say that I really like it except for the built in freeview hd. The guy in the shop lied and said that it was exactly the same as freesat but have now lost a bunch of channels. Further more; no series link!

I would really like it to record to a usb device as no point in bying a PVR as I already have the freeview built in. I can't understand why this is not a standard feature (except the obvious that the want you to buy one!)

However, I remember reading somewhere that if a device is connected to the via the scart, it's possible to get the TV to get it to record at the right time. Does anyone know about this and what devices are compatible?

Thanks
  6. J4CK DANIELS

J4CK DANIELS Member

Ratings:
    +241
    Any DVD recorder or VCR with a SCART input can be used to connect to the SCART on the TV. you can set record reminders in the TV menu so the channel outputs on the scart even when the TV is off.
  7. MCMLXXIII

MCMLXXIII Member

Ratings:
    +58
    Have to say that I really like it except for the built in freeview hd. The guy in the shop lied and said that it was exactly the same as freesat but have now lost a bunch of channels. Further more; no series link!

I would really like it to record to a usb device as no point in bying a PVR as I already have the freeview built in. I can't understand why this is not a standard feature (except the obvious that the want you to buy one!)

However, I remember reading somewhere that if a device is connected to the via the scart, it's possible to get the TV to get it to record at the right time. Does anyone know about this and what devices are compatible?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

A possible solution for you is you could get a Freesat recorder box and connect it via HDMI, I know there's an extra outlay, but then in theory you could record 2 hd channels at the same time as watching a third via the freeview hd.