Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading PC Speakers to Hi-Fi setup...

Discussion in 'Hi Fi Systems & Separates' started by XFile2708, Mar 2, 2012.

1. XFile2708

XFile2708 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey guys - just after some advise if possible please :)

Now that ive started to get my finances in order I was thinking about upgrading my Logitech PC Speakers to a Hi-Fi setup of some kind..

The unit can't be to big as it needs to intigrate with my computer desk setup so im guessing a Mini/Micro Hi-Fi is the way to go...

Needs to accept line input from PC which im sure most if not all will do anyway and also built-in CD player for my music.. my music tastes for my sins are heavy rock through to thrash metal

Budget wise im not looking at spending a fortune - say around the £200 mark :smashin:

Any advise gratefully appreciated :thumbsup:
  2. alexs2

alexs2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,712
  3. XFile2708

XFile2708 Member

Ratings:
    +2
  4. onthejazzin77

onthejazzin77 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im in the same boat as you xfile. Havent heard my music through anything other than cheap pc speakers for years and Im now looking for a system that I can play all my cds on and connect my netbook too as I have Itunes but no Ipod
  5. clockworks

clockworks Active Member

Ratings:
    +327
    Do you really need a CD player - can't you just play the CDs on the PC? Or rip them, and play the files?

I'm currently using a Denon UDM-31 and a pair of Quad L-ites on my iMac, and a Denon UDM-37 with Denon speakers on the PC in my workshop. The PC in my study is connected to an old Denon AV receiver, with B&W fronts, Ruark centre, Yamaha sub and creative rears.