1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Typing in a Spiral in Microsoft Word... Help?!

Discussion in 'Computer Systems' started by the_quarterback, Jun 1, 2006.

1. the_quarterback

the_quarterback Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi guys... Quick query - I appreciate it's not the most appropriate forum - but I know you guys won't let me down! ... I'm using Microsoft Word, I am trying to design a label for a DVD, and have drawn a circle using the standard shapes in Word...

Now I need to put a long passage of writing in the circle in a spiral winding inwards... Any ideas how I can do this in Word? I've tried all the WordArt types and played arround with the settings...

Any thoughts? or Any other software or DTP programs which would let me do this? Surely it can't be too hard to type some text into a spiral?!!!

Thanks in advance guys...
  2. wabbitt

wabbitt Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Word isn't your best option.

I would recommend that you use Photoshop. It allows you to draw a path of any shape (a spiral in your problem), and attach text to it. The text will follow the path.

It's very powerful, and takes a little practice to get perfect, but it does work. Photoshop is the de-facto standard for most graphic design houses, and you'd be well advised to buy it.

I think you can download a 30-day demo from the Adobe web site.

Alternatively there is a free art package called GIMP which is very good. You need to download a plug-in to do the text-to-path function.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gimpwin-users/files/Scripts/

Hope this helps.
  3. Singh400

Singh400 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,375
    Thats gonna be virtually impossible in word. What you need is graphics editing software like Photoshop/Fireworks, create your spiral path and attach text to it.
  4. HiZ

HiZ Member

Ratings:
    +27
  5. HiZ

HiZ Member

Ratings:
    +27
  6. ufitsy

ufitsy Active Member

Ratings:
    +266
    Have you got Microsoft Publisher as it has a template for CD/DVD covers, if not do you have a CD/DVD writing package as this normally comes with a cover designer.