Tversity randomly not showing up

themighty

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to use my PS3 as a media server for a while now, and I've been having some problems. Tvsersity will only randomly show up on the PS3, and I'm unsure why. Sometimes it will just be there when I turn on the PS3, but other times it will vanish, and not be found during a search. I'm running Tversity on my Vista, but I'm unsure what the problem can be. There is no difference in what I do to my computer when it decides to show or not, and I think it is completely random. Sometimes it will only show up after the 5th search. Can anybody help?

I've been trying to use my PS3 as a media server for a while now, and I've been having some problems. Tvsersity will only randomly show up on the PS3, and I'm unsure why. Sometimes it will just be there when I turn on the PS3, but other times it will vanish, and not be found during a search. I'm running Tversity on my Vista, but I'm unsure what the problem can be. There is no difference in what I do to my computer when it decides to show or not, and I think it is completely random. Sometimes it will only show up after the 5th search. Can anybody help?

yeah this happens to me sometimes. just restart sharing in tversity and it will reappear. don`t know why it does it.:)

have you tried restarting the media server on your pc when it doesn't show up on the ps3. When mine does what you describe mine always shows up after i've restarted the server.

Sorry if this sounds like i'm criticising but what's the point in running Tversity or any other Media Server on Vista or even XP?

I just use WMP11's built in Sharing Center that let's me stream pictures, video's and music from the PC (Laptop) to my PS3. It's never failed and i'm using my entire LAN wirelessly.

Chris.

Both my media servers (TVersity and WMP) have both stopped working, for no apparent reason.

I've been trying to use my PS3 as a media server for a while now, and I've been having some problems. Tvsersity will only randomly show up on the PS3, and I'm unsure why.

Could it be you have tversity and the default windows media server running concurrently and trying to use the same port?

Try disabling wms and see if that helps.

Tversity has always been temperamental for me too. It has a mind of its own and appears when it wants too.

Really annoying especially when you need it to watch something that WMP can't handle.

z

Hi
I had this problem with tversity dropping in and out too.
I noticed my pc was going into standby mode when not in use.Could it be when pc goes into standby the ps3 does not pick up the mediaserver?
Just a wild thought.

New TVersity 1.0 RC1 available from:

http://tversity.com/home

Ok, be wary as the install process demands that Vista users disable UAC and reboot. Why does it require a core aspect of the OS to be disabled? I smell a rat!

Also, untick the ASK toolbar gumpf when prompted.

z

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom