1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tv usb through sound surround

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying, Setup & General Help' started by mastic, Sep 28, 2012.

1. mastic

mastic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Samsung PS51E490 51" 3D tv and a Phillips HT3020 sound surround system. I know my Sound surround is basic but after xmas i hope to get a cheap Av but this will have to do for the moment lol. When i put in a USB stick to play any movies i cant get any sound so have to use the tv speakers. I have 2 phono sockets on the phillips, 1 has my ps3 in so i use aux 1 the tv goes through the scart so i have a spare phone for aux 2. Any ideas :lease:
  2. Broadz

Broadz Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,479
    What are you wanting to know? How to get audio from your TV to your home cinema?

If so, you need to use an audio out on your TV that matches an audio in on your home cinema/surround sound system.

What audio outputs does your TV support (apart from scart)?
  3. mastic

mastic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I get sound from the tv to the sound surround. I want to get sound out of the Sound surround when i use the USB. The SS goes thorugh the scart but when i select source on my remote to use USB the ss stays on the tv sound not the USB sound. I have tried using 2 phono leads from the tv to the ss but still no sound when i use the usb
  4. Broadz

Broadz Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,479
    Does the USB stick connect to your TV or to your surround sound system? If it connects to your TV, there should be no difference as far as the surround sound system is concerned. It receives audio from your TV that is coming out of your TV speakers. If a Freeview channel's audio comes out of your TV speakers, it gets sent to home cinema. If you are watching a DVD or video on your TV and the audio from it is coming out of the TV speakers, then the audio from it should also be sent to the home cinema. And if you are watching something on a USB stick on your TV and the audio for that USB stick is coming out of your TV speakers, then again, that same audio should be being sent to your home cinema.

What audio does your home cinema play, if any, while your TV is playing the audio from the USB stick?

It may be possible to configure your TV to send (or not send) certain auxiliary inputs to the audio outputs on your TV. But I would have thought that the default would be to have every audio source on, not off. I have a Samsung TV, and if I connect my TV audio out to my AV receiver audio in, whatever I am watching/listening to on the telly, be it terrestrial TV, Sky, DVD, video, Blu Ray, computer or a games console, the audio being output by the TV speakers is also what is sent to my AV receiver.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012