Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Turns Itself Off & Won't Come Back On

Discussion in 'TVs' started by sounds, Apr 30, 2007.

1. sounds

sounds Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Loewe CRT 28" TV. which seems to have developed a problem.

It switches itself off (onto standby) and won't switch back on straight away.
    When I press the ON button it goes to come on makes a humming sound then goes back to standby.
    I have to switch it off of standby and leave it for a good ficve minutes before it will work again.
    This problem seems to becoming more frequent, especially when I first turn on

Any ideas on why or a solution?

thanks

sounds
  2. JayCee

JayCee Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,566
    You need to report back with the model no taken from the rear label if you want a more detailed response.:)
  3. Iancity

Iancity Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Mines done the same :mad:
    Got a 32" zw something cant remember right now, had it for 4 years and 4 months of a 5 year gurantee :thumbsup: .
    Its at the workshop as we speak, mine turned itself off on Friday but when trying to turn it back on nothing happens, just totally dead - i'll let you know what the workshop say.
  4. Iancity

Iancity Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Well apparantly mine had a psu fault ?????

Should be back next week...............
  5. Goatboyadam

Goatboyadam Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I know this might sound strange but its not your remote that is turning it off is it I have had this fault before at work. Just take out the batteries from it or remove it from the room with the TV. It does sound like a power issue though and it might be going into a stand by mode as a safety feature due to a fault after it has been on for so long, hope you get it sorted.
  6. rjpreston

rjpreston Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same issue. How did you get it fixed & what was the cost? Mine's out of warranty :mad:
  7. JayCee

JayCee Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,566
    That's not to say your set has the same fault...it may be the same or similar symptoms but there are many and varied reasons for them...so I wouldn't put too much store on what it cost Iancity.
  8. Iancity

Iancity Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Mine was just inside warranty so have no idea how much. Its been away 2 weeks but that was mostly waiting for the part I think, its not a complicated job.