Trying To Learn Electric Guitar

I've got about 4 different ones on my iPhone:D

I've no idea if any of them are better than the others, but they all seem to work, going to check out that one too:laugh:

Ok bought GP now! But this is confusing lol, what files types can I put into the software? Where do I find the manual? (looked for ages) and finally how do I get tabs from UG onto the software?

Ok bought GP now! But this is confusing lol, what files types can I put into the software? Where do I find the manual? (looked for ages) and finally how do I get tabs from UG onto the software?
Did you get the ipad version? if so i think you browse for them on the ipad and save them to guitar pro. i only have it on pc and ipod touch but its been a while since ive used it

Did you get the ipad version? if so i think you browse for them on the ipad and save them to guitar pro. i only have it on pc and ipod touch but its been a while since ive used it

Nah mate it's PC version. Might get iPad version at a later date if it's worth it.

ah right. head to ultimate guitar and download a tab you want, you'll have to find one that's guitar pro, it will probably be a .gp5 file. The open guitar pro, then file, open and open the tab you've just downloaded.
Do you know which version of GP you've got?

It's GP6. Could you find an example as to how to download? As I can't seem to find a way of downloading them.

I find the easiest way is to type "<song name> guitar pro tab" into Google, that should take you onto a page with a link somewhere.

Oh right so you can't just download any song :(

Just noticed with these it will just be the tab right? No sound? I thought you could play this and eliminate things like drums, bass and just listen to what you wanted to?

Last edited:
If it's a Guitar Pro file, you'll get sound, if its just a normal tab, just the tab is all you get.

If you follow the link i gave you, you can search for any song and download the guitar pro tab, it will give give you all the tracks, drums, bass, guitars, vocals etc

I get this message in a yellow box.. "Some track do not have assoiated soundbank. Please download them by clicking on GP6 logo..."

If you want to pm me your email address, I'll email you a GP tab for Smoke on the Water, if you want, just so you can see how it's supposed to work.

maybe GP6 works in a different way because that should work. I use GP5. Try a few other tabs from UG as it could just be that tab

Lol this program is more complicated then I imagined. If I have a CD I want to learn is there a program to convert it to the correct file type and also display the tabs for it when I open it?

On it's way. It's a Gp3 tab I believe, I've got in my GP iPhone app, as far as I know they're all backwards compatible, should at least give you an idea how it's supposed to work.

The soundbank might actually be the sound files in which case you wont be able to hear the sounds. Did you download a demo version? if so maybe that's why

Spacedeck said:
Lol this program is more complicated then I imagined. If I have a CD I want to learn is there a program to convert it to the correct file type and also display the tabs for it when I open it?

Most of it goes way over my head :rotfl:

Would be nice if there was such a program. I think downloading tabs or transcribing them yourself is the closest you'll get.

The soundbank might actually be the sound files in which case you wont be able to hear the sounds. Did you download a demo version? if so maybe that's why

Nah it was the full version.. I went back on the website and they have a list of different packs to download. So downloading the main ones at the moment like Bass, Electric, Singer and Drums and hope for the best. Will take all night though. We moved recently and my internet has taken a massive hit compared to what i was on.

And Gooner still got no sound with that file so i suppose need them sound files.

There's sound when I play it in the app on my iPhone, haven't tried it on the Pc version and it's a while since I installed the Pc version, so you could well be right about needing those sound files.

You should still be able to play from the tabs though, even if there's no sound.

Downloading iPad App now so will have a go on that if i work out how to get it working.

The app is so much simpler :)

Way too many buttons and options in the Pc version for me to get my head around.

The app though, just add a tab or select one that's already in it and your good to go.

Right well just connected the App to my PC and transfered the Deep Purple and Metallica track over. Both have sound... BUT Metallica for some reason is playing a piano version. And some sort of brass band version.. sounds a bit dodgy lol.

If it's the same as the iPhone one, on the main screen when you've loaded the tab, in the bottom left, there should be three lines on top of each other, go into that screen and you should be able to pick any of the sounds you want.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom