True Justice: Lethal Justice Blu-ray Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
Reviewed by Cas Harlow, 7th January 2012.
Another year, another five Seagal movies to trawl through, in the desperate hope that I might find a hidden gem from the aging Buddhist fighting cupboard. Only this one isn’t actually a movie. Despite its title and misleading marketing, Lethal Justice actually represents episodes 7 and 8 in an ongoing TV series called True Justice. Great title for episodes, eh? Very original. Perhaps the next instalment could be called Truly Lethal. Still, aside from the terrible promotion that this show has received over the last year, these are actually the best episodes thus far in the series, presenting reasonably taut tales of a white supremacist gang and a sniper on the loose in the city, respectively, and allowing for some nice background development of the regular cast members, as well as a few nice trademark fighting moves from the Big Man Seagal himself. If you’ve followed the series so far (and a shocking amount have, considering it’s been renewed for a second season), then you might be pleasantly surprised by these latest episodes. It’s not great TV viewing, but it’s a considerably better than anything reality TV can offer (even Seagal’s own Lawman series) and could easily be viewed as CSI: Miami-lite, only with more hand-to-hand combat.

On Region B-locked UK Blu-ray we get decent video and audio, just a trailer, and terrible packaging that makes no mention of the TV series to which this instalment belongs to. I can’t help but mark it down for poor promotion – this show has received arguably the worst marketing that I have ever come across – but fans shouldn’t be put off: pick up all the separate releases (or wait for the box set) and watch it in the correct order, and there’s a fair amount of lightweight fun to be had.

Read the full review...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom