Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toyota Corolla, dead keyfob battery

Discussion in 'Motoring Forum' started by Astraeus, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Astraeus

Astraeus Member

Ratings:
    +119
    The keyfob battery has gone for my car and I'm now wondering if I'm able to turn the key in the door to deactivate the alarm and open the car - the last time I did this, I seem to recollect setting the alarm off.

Anyone with the car know what to do?
  2. PoochJD

PoochJD Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,917
    Hi,

I don't know if this will work, but take a look at this. It may help you out.

If not, call your nearest Toyota dealer and see if they can advise. :)

Pooch
    (Not a Toyota Corolla owner.)
  3. IronGiant

IronGiant Moderator

Ratings:
    +12,434
    If pooch's link doesn't work (thanks pooch :smashin:) I won't shunt this over to the motoring section just yet, as General Chat often comes up trumps if you need a quick answer, but we can move it over if it goes quiet in here.

Dave
  4. Ayub

Ayub Active Member

Ratings:
    +551

If your car has the alarm and imobiliser running off the remote then No.

keys out of the barrel
    open drivers door (leave open)
    insert fault key and turn 'on' (dont start the engine)
    wait 10 seconds
    then press the 'unlock' button twice
    you should hear the doors try to unlock/lock

:thumbsup::cool:
  5. Ayub

Ayub Active Member

Ratings:
    +551
     The add mode is used to retain the already registered codes while registering a new recognition code.
    This mode is used when adding a transmitter. If the number of the registered codes exceeds 4, the previously
    registered code will be correspondingly erased in order, starting from the first registered code.
     The rewrite mode is used to erase all the previously registered codes and register only new recognition
    codes. This mode is used when exchanging the transmitter or the door control receiver for new one.
     The prohibition mode is used to erase all the registered codes and cancel the wireless door lock function.
    Use this mode when the transmitter is lost.
     The confirmation mode is to confirm how many recognition codes have already been registered before
    an additional registration of a recognition code.
     All the following registration procedures must be performed in order continuously.

(a) The vehicle should be in the following conditions.
    (1) The key is not inserted in the ignition key cylinder.
    (2) Driver’s door is OPENED. (The other doors are CLOSED)
    (3) Driver’s door is UNLOCKED.
    (b) Perform the following operations to select the desired mode.
    (1) Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch twice within 5 seconds.
    (2) After the above operations, close and open the driver door twice within 40 seconds. Then insert the
    key into the ignition key cylinder and remove it.
    (3) After the above operations, close and open the driver door twice within 40 seconds. Then insert the
    key into the ignition key cylinder and close the door.
    (4) Turn the ignition switch from LOCK to ON and back to LOCK at approximately 1 second interval 1
    to 5 times to select a mode.(2 times for rewrite mode) Then remove the key from the ignition key cylinder.
    (5) After selecting a mode, the integration relay automatically performs the power door
    LOCK-UNLOCK operation within 3 seconds to inform the selected mode.
    (c) Register the new recognition codes :
    (1) Within 40 seconds after the add mode or the rewrite mode has been selected, press the LOCK and
    UNLOCK switches on the transmitter switch simultaneously for 1.0 - 1.5 seconds.
    Within 3 seconds after the previous operation, press either one of the switches for more than 1.0
    seconds.
    (2) Within 3 seconds after the transmitter switch has been turned OFF, the LOCK-UNLOCK operation
    will be automatically performed once if the registration of the recognition code of the transmitter is
    completed correctly. In case the LOCK-UNLOCK operation is performed twice, the registration of
    recognition code has failed. Perform the registration procedure from the beginning once again.
    (3) If the multiple transmitter to be registered, repeat step (c) within 40 seconds after the previous registration.
    this is why the dealer charges for this
    11 months ago
    Source(s):
    Toyota tech
  6. Ayub

Ayub Active Member

Ratings:
    +551
    I have pulled this ofg a site. I have never programmed a remote. If this does not work please post a pic of remote year of car and i will ask someone.